cell towers - Posted by Trent

Posted by Tim (ME) on June 27, 2005 at 11:19:44:

I have a friend in Michigan who used to work for a company called SBA, negotiating leases with landowners and putting towers on their land. He made pretty good money in that throughout Michigan and Ohio.

Also, I heard a story of a local landowner here in Maine who leases his land out to a cell tower, and makes a cool $4000.00 per month. Not a bad tenant, the tower never complains about broken toilets.

Tim (ME)

cell towers - Posted by Trent

Posted by Trent on June 25, 2005 at 20:01:08:

I have an opprotunity to get 35 acres for 60 cents on the dollar in an area that is lacking in cell coverage. It is 20 minutes from a 400,000 population. Anyone had any experience in putting up a tower or having a company do it?

Re: cell towers - Posted by njdave

Posted by njdave on June 26, 2005 at 08:13:09:

My two cents:

In this day and age, if the parcel was suitable, they (cell communications providers) would have already contacted the owner, ran their tests, and push to lease the property.

You can always initiate contact with their “land acquisition” or “real estate” departments, and ask them to consider your site.

They’ll perform a cursory topographical survey and if it meets their crtiteria, ask if they can ‘test’ the location foir suitability. They’ll send a boom truck and crew to the site, raise a temporary antenna that generates a signal, then check for perimeter reception.

If they like the results, they’ll offer to lease a small portion of land for their tower and a small building… plus access to the site.