census - Posted by Wilton

Posted by Wilton on May 25, 2000 at 22:06:01:

THanks to all who replied…
I have also found that you are required ONLY
to tell how many people live in the property.
I will answere that question and any others that i do not feel is an invasion of privicy. Thanks, Wilton

census - Posted by Wilton

Posted by Wilton on May 25, 2000 at 14:05:54:

Lucky me I got the LONG form. Didnt make it out…
nice lady at my door “requiring” that i fill it out.
If one refuses to give the info, do they come to your home late at nite and take you to the dungeon.
Seriously, does anyone know what choices are available.
I dont know of anything i have to hide, but i somehow resent
being forced to give all the info they ask.
Thanks for any comments. Wilton

Re: census - Posted by DT (NY)

Posted by DT (NY) on May 27, 2000 at 04:53:55:

LOL…I just went through this also…I told him I am not interested in giving any of my personal info out and he stated I didnt have to so I only told them how many people live in the house and the ages…When asked for the names I told them I dont want to furnish that info , then he asked me ok how about a last name I said read the mailbox and shut the door…He left and that was it… That thing he was holding looked like a tax return booklet…lol

DT

Census and You, Perfect Together - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on May 25, 2000 at 22:22:10:

The grass is growing and old census bags are hanging on doors of many-a-vacant houses. Life couldn’t be better!

Re: census - Posted by Finley

Posted by Finley on May 25, 2000 at 18:58:42:

The Census Bureau can levy a $100 fine for flatly refusing to fill out the form.

I just filled in the questions i felt like answering and told them to leave my house (I have house-broken pitbull).

But seriously, over 100 one hundred Census workers have quit because of the diffuculties they face going door to door.

If you refuse, they take your ‘first born’… - Posted by SusanL.–Bradenton, FL

Posted by SusanL.–Bradenton, FL on May 25, 2000 at 14:31:17:

:slight_smile:

That ‘long’ form IS ridiculous!

I had the ‘short’ form and it STILL had too many ‘prying’ questions on it.

I pretty much just listed the number of occupants living with me, (Moe, Larry, and Curly), their ages, and let it go at that.

Just do the minimal and then you will ‘have done your part’!