Challenge - Posted by Bill

Outstanding View Of CRE!!! - Posted by RGrimsley

Posted by RGrimsley on February 19, 1999 at 10:55:47:

It’s people like you that allow the rest of us to make
money in this field…If you keep thinking what you
always have you keep getting what you have always had.
Dont change a thing :wink:

Re: Challenge - Posted by Fred

Posted by Fred on February 19, 1999 at 10:20:29:

Bill:

You know how to make friends, don’t you? Why would someone who is out there “pounding the pavement” every single day actually doing it want to “prove” that creative financing works? And earn a 30% pittance doing so? If someone (and I can’t imagine who) offered to take you up on that, you should be grateful at 99%/1%, with you having the 1%. Which would be worth it for the knowledge you would have gained. Creative techniques and real estate is about negotiations and working with people. It’s not about chicanery or trickery or even getting something for nothing. Will it work for any property. A resounding NO! Does it work in enough cases. YES.

There will always be people who doubt it can be done. Remember that 95% of Americans retire with almost nothing and that if you wish to be more, you’ll probably need to buck the trend. Enough said.

Re: Challenge - Posted by Johnman

Posted by Johnman on February 19, 1999 at 19:33:53:

Johnman to Bassman,

That was funny dude!!

No Money Down - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on February 20, 1999 at 08:51:08:

You’re right that some deals can be considered no money down by others because they recover their cash quickly. Others still consider it a downpayment transaction.

I thought it was interesting, tho, that the guy didn’t believe in no money down transactions but offered money to help. If it’s being done no money down, why would anyone need his money anyway?

Yeah, you’re right. Sorry, Bill - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on February 19, 1999 at 13:16:44:

I appologize for getting huffy, bill. I should learn to be more helpful when I get annoyed. Keep asking the questions, someone here will have the answers sooner or later.

Michael

I agree - Posted by Duane

Posted by Duane on February 19, 1999 at 13:16:33:

Just because the guy is not taking this on blind faith doesn’t mean he’s a dope or an envelope stuffer. I would be very interested to see someone step up to this and post ALL the gory details. Of course Fred, I would rethink the percentages.

Re: Everybody seems so uptight… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on February 19, 1999 at 20:18:06:

Maybe it seems as though people are uptight because what Bill offered is an insult. Bill expects to be taught how to make money in this business and then he wants to take most of the money. For those of us doing these deals that Bill is reffering to we don’t need his money nor do we need to take a pay cut to teach him how to do it.

SCook85

I hadn’t noticed … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 19, 1999 at 14:31:47:

Maybe the negativity in the responses comes from the arrogance in Bill’s post.

RL

I DISagree. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 19, 1999 at 14:25:32:

I think the ‘negative’ comments, if you want to call them that … came NOT from the fact that Bill questioned whether this or that works, but from the fact that it seemed rather arrogant on his part to claim himself knowledgeable in RE finance, and then offer a bone to someone to TEACH HIM basically at THEIR EXPENSE with a whopping 30% cut.

Please. As if someone on here (or anywhere) owes him something because he asked a question. If Bill were as experienced as he says he is, he’d realize that nobody who’s good at the game would do a 70/30 split while doing all the work and supplying all the knowledge. It’s a suckers bet.

Atleast that’s how it came off to me. And apparently it came off as arrogant to others as well.

RL

Re: I agree - Posted by fred

Posted by fred on February 19, 1999 at 13:24:37:

Look.
We can argue this for weeks. As far as my percentages, I was making a point. If someone were to go to bat for Bill and show him, I don’t think 30% is adequate compensation for the education.

Give a man a fish.
Teach a man to fish.
Two different things.

I’m done posting.