Chargeing fees to put notes to gather - Posted by Jim Davis

Posted by David Alexander on January 12, 1999 at 20:34:20:

Jim,

are you telling them where they can sell the note and they go around you, or are you unable to close the deal
where you are buying the notes?

You would obviously make more by being able to close the transaction, than by being a consultant. My thinking would be that if you could get away with charging a consultant fee and get paid for showing them how to do the deal then it would be an easier sell for you to do the deal? Am I missing Something? If they don’t have all the info they can’t close the deal without you. Maybe it’s just as simple as your not doing your part to tie up the deal with an option contract so that they can’t go around you.

More Info.

David Alexander

Chargeing fees to put notes to gather - Posted by Jim Davis

Posted by Jim Davis on January 12, 1999 at 17:45:27:

John, I really need your advice on this subject or whoever has input, I am so tired of putting notes togather for buyers and seller and than they say thanks for the info, or that is good to know, after i have a lot of time and effort into the various deals.
So my question is How much of fee chareged ?(I am thinking like $175)
How would that effect my business?

Jim Davis

More details? - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 13, 1999 at 24:36:12:

How are you losing these deals? I’m not sure if you are talking putting together the note for the buyer and seller of the property or the buyer and seller of the note.

Charging a fee is fine. Look at the work you do and what it would be worth to you. The other consideration is what they would pay. Then you might want to offer to forego the fee if you are the one buying or brokering the note.

Please give me some more details on what is happening with your deals and how it is that they go around you. It should be simple to solve.