cheap cheap supplies - Posted by Desmond

Posted by Vic on April 21, 2000 at 23:42:18:

Desmond,
Hi!, I went to our local investment club meeting the other ngith & they have some kind of organization called Green something or other, that supplies cheap materials. From what I understand these are left over materials that contractors donate. Inquire about your local investment club & see if they have something similar.
Vic

cheap cheap supplies - Posted by Desmond

Posted by Desmond on April 21, 2000 at 22:17:59:

Does anyone know where or how I can find cheap supplies and labor to repair properties? Any creative ideas are welcomed. You deepest secrets are safe with me!!

Thanks

Wholesale prices - Posted by Branden

Posted by Branden on April 24, 2000 at 22:31:52:

Here’s a few web sites that offer wholesale prices. Call & get their catalogs.
Barnett Brass www.bntt.com
Maintenance Warehouse www.mwh.com

Re: cheap cheap supplies - Posted by George

Posted by George on April 24, 2000 at 24:16:59:

I hit the local garage sales on Saturday mornings. Once bought a case of new track lighting for $10. This past weekend, I spent $15 for two milkcrates of new hardware items. Included were two light fixtures, one kitchen faucet, 7-8 entry door locks, numerous door hinges, a doorbell, plumbing parts, etc. They are also a great source for tools. Labor is a little tougher. I do most work myself and hire a helper. I also have a couple of trades that will work with me and allow me to do what I’m capable of and they do the rest. That way you only pay the for the high priced “skill” where you really need it.