Cheap Long Distance service without the monthly fees? - Posted by Glenn Crocker (AL)

Posted by Hope on December 13, 1999 at 17:42:37:

I switched to clear choice (var tech) They do not charge any monthly minimum and they only charge 5 cents a min. 24/7 on all long distance calls. I have used them for 5 monthes and have had no suprises on my bills. Call 1-800-583-6767 and tell them you want to change to them and they will advise you on what to do next. (You need to notify your long distance and local company also I think)

Cheap Long Distance service without the monthly fees? - Posted by Glenn Crocker (AL)

Posted by Glenn Crocker (AL) on December 13, 1999 at 16:27:22:

Does anyone know of cheap long distance service you can direct dial from home without the minimum monthly charges and the extra 10-10 digits? Just got my MCI bill and with all the taxes added it cost me $7.58 without making a single call. Not alot of money, just principal with me.

Any 10-10 numbers that are good also? I’ve used 10-100-56 but it’s still .10 a minute without a minimum.

Thanks,

Glenn

Re: Cheap Long Distance service without the monthly fees? - Posted by Mike-FL

Posted by Mike-FL on December 16, 1999 at 13:40:54:

Take a look at www.bigzoo.com(3.9 cents/min.)
No monthly fee however it is prepay with a credit card.
Documentation of all calls is available from the website. I’ve used it for 3 months and love it!

GTC Telecom – $.05 / minute – 24/7 - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on December 13, 1999 at 21:47:47:

About a month ago I switched to GTC Telecom. They were mentioned in an article in Kiplingers Personal Finance. Here’s the deal:

• $.05 per minute all day every day
  • no minimum charge per call
  • no monthly service fee
    There is one small catch – they prefer to directly bill your credit card. If you don’t let them do that, they will bill you each month, but there is a $2 per month service charge.
    Even if they bill your credit card, they send you a monthly statement of your calls.
    They assured me that this is not a temporary teaser deal.
    Their number is 800-486-4030.
    As I said, I’ve only been with them about a month, but my first bill was exactly as promised.
    Ron