Check this one out--estate sale - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by Chenel Moore on January 21, 2000 at 10:01:11:

Go for it. I have found a similar deal in my area (DC)and passed it up. Don’t let it slip away.

Check this one out–estate sale - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 21, 2000 at 07:33:15:

went to an estate sale this last weekend…
you guys know whats coming…

i asked the lady running the sale if the house was for sale too>>>>?
she said she didn’t know that she was just helping out, that if i came back tomorrow she would find out for me…
sure-no problem.
i came back the next day, contract in hand…
yep, they were going to sell- but probably not for a couple of months, cause the house needs some work…
well, would you please pass this offer on to the owner?
i wouldn’t need them to do ANY repairs, and i can close quickly.

i get a call from the REALTOR yesterday-- she thinks i’m in the ball park ( really? HA!) and since this seller would like to put all this behind him, she thinks this will be a go-- however he has just returned home (out of the country) and will be back in a few weeks. they’d like to get everything sold from the estate sale (of course i slip in that it won’t be necessary to haul anything off-- i can take care of that) Wow, wouldn’t that be nice and easy (for the realtor–the whole commi$$ion–i can hear the jingle in her head)
Bottom line-- nothing solid yet-- but i feel like i have a shot-- and what a sweet deal it will be–
i aways wanted to do the “is the house for sale too?” thing!! fun stuff!
i’ll keep you posted

steph in tex

Re: Check this one out–estate sale - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on January 21, 2000 at 12:29:41:

Hi Steph,

Nice going. Nice going.

My fingers are crossed for you…except of course while I’m typing this note (but when I’m finished I’ll cross them back and keep them that way…unless I have to type something else, of course…or count to more than five: I can count to ten with crossed fingers on both hands if I want to, but I do tend to get my 2’s and 3’s, and my 7’s and 8’s backwards).

Good luck…sincerely!

Bill Gatten

Too Cool, Steph - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 21, 2000 at 09:45:56:

Good Luck!

Re: Check this one out–estate sale - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on January 21, 2000 at 08:02:03:

As usual, I’m curious how you found it. Was this one of your realtor leads? Girl, if you close half of everything you got going, you’ll still be smoking. You Go! Thanks…

Gatten–you’re always good for a laugh! - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 22, 2000 at 08:34:57:

can’t wait to meet you!!
i’ll keep you posted!
see ya in Atlanta

Re: Too Cool, Steph - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 21, 2000 at 09:57:10:

Hey JP

I wouldn’t even being thinking this way without this site! Thank you!

steph in tex