Cherif Medawar - Posted by Mike S

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Brent

Posted by Brent on June 12, 2011 at 17:24:24:

Jorge: Since yours is the latest update on this site, I will respond to it. I have purchased two of Cherif’s REO discount notes in the last 10 months. Both have been making the payments on time. I have been in contact with both end buyers and helped them fill-out the homesteader forms to reduce their taxes. Both end buyers are happy with their houses. Both my wife and I are very satisfied with the way Cherif and his office staff have treated us.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Suzan Bottier

Posted by Suzan Bottier on January 17, 2010 at 24:57:19:

All Cherif Medawar courses are great. He has energy, knowledge and
he cares about his people. Sarah, who said he sucks probably is a
competitor jealous of his success.
Cherif offers invetsment opportunities and my husband and I made
more money with him in his REOs and other opportunities that we
could have ever dreamed. why not email him and check out for
yourself!

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Jennifer saldana

Posted by Jennifer saldana on April 23, 2009 at 06:48:32:

Medawar does syndications so he certainly shares oenly a lot of his knwledge that made him millions. At the end many people end up patnersing with him in deals that he syndciates and it is very vey profitable with zero hassle all secured against top commercial buildings. The only poor saps are people who don’t paticipate.

Re: Cherif Medawar and John Farina - Posted by Robert Greene

Posted by Robert Greene on June 14, 2009 at 20:46:42:

Raymond,
Just completed a two day “Syndication” seminar with Cherif Wedawar. Thought it very informative. How has your efforts progessed?
Bob

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by John Farina

Posted by John Farina on July 26, 2008 at 24:36:19:

Yes I’ve made money but not buying any properties I have a strip mall and I used their Tenant list and got it rented for more than I was hoping. Also I learned in their training how to access some retirement money very creatively. I am now doing a deal from the network posting on line. The dreal is being done with another memeber (they let you network like crazy) and it is in Columbus Ohiao. The Tenant is a shoe company. If it works I will post again, if not then I will look for another good posting on line.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by ab

Posted by ab on July 03, 2008 at 05:36:06:

Family Limited Partnership may be all you need - well maybe you want to set up multiple ones for different properties.

From what I understand, with an FLP, if someone wants to sue you, things like the dividends (or awards from suits) can be declared but not “released” so that the person sueing you gets all the tax consequences of winning the award but not the money (which usually stops the suit before it goes to court).

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Ab

Posted by Ab on May 27, 2008 at 16:07:45:

I just came from one of their seminars I understand the mechanics of the how they do the deals.

What concerns me:

Is the emphasis on “creative and aggressive financing which we can get you access to”. I heard this phrasing over and over. This leaves an odd flavor of where have I heard this before? sub prime? S&L? And when they put up the internal access site, the listing lists commercial and hard money lenders. At no time was there a discussion about the differences of the two nor are any specific lender names shown. Why would you even need to tap a hard money lender if there would be so many commercial ones who found your numbers so compelling?

Moving along, there is an abundance of how one can write off meals, trips and the cost of even this next seminar. I understand that conceptually. My accountant is conservative and although I have not talked to him, I suspect he would not be thrilled with this level of aggression. That is not the kind of thing focused on in Millionaire Next Door.

I didn’t hear or see a lot of specifics about particular deals or deal locations. I did hear and see a fair amount of ‘you would recognize the name’. Thick on pictures but thin on details (locations, dates or verify anything).

I understand how to one could structure the deals to avoid any liability. I know about the LLC owning other LLCs and Nevada corporations over all. At no point was there any discussion about business taxation other than cap gains or unrealized gains. There can be local business taxes which can seriously lower the profitability of a deal (and I suspect it could happen more and more as cities/counties/states look for ways to make up the lessening national money flow). Another thing to consider is that it costs a certain amount to do an LLC even if they could give the state specific forms. Those costs add up, so you need to make sure that the value of what you are doing on a corporate level is really financially worth all the jumping around.

Take a look at John T Reed’s website and look through the BS detector. One of the things he lists for you to be on the watch for is the emphasis on how easy this is, no problems and the lack of mistakes made by any of the speaker gurus. I never heard tell of any mistakes that could be made other than just not doing the deal.

Another thing to keep in the back of your mind when you look at the Reed site is that institute which actually offers the classes is owned by Business Systems which is owned by Telligenx which also offers classes by Robert Allen and the No Money Down type of real estate investing. Take a look at some of that because there is not much on Cherif himself (which leads to questions like why not if he’s got so many properties and he’s been doing this since the early 90’s?).

Some of the other comments made by the others are worth mulling through.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by patrick

Posted by patrick on April 21, 2008 at 01:08:52:

If you used your credit card…

Call The CC Company and file a client with them.

Re: Cherif Medawar for Sonia T. - Posted by Raymond Weston

Posted by Raymond Weston on December 16, 2008 at 14:19:02:

Hello Sonia T.
I just finished attending a Cherif Medawar ICRE seminar, and found the process to be quite intriguing. Especially the methods and insurance used to cover from the majority of downside. I was wondering if you can give any specific examples of how you, or anyone you know benefited from this course in Commercial Real Estate Investing. If so, then I would be quite personally interested in your success story. I am beginning in this field, and would look forward to beginning a HIGHLY mutually beneficial business arrangement. Please contact me at CashflowConceptsRealty@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by LARRY LIONEL

Posted by LARRY LIONEL on March 26, 2008 at 23:06:32:

I learned so much that I almost attempted to try to create a LOI, but found
myself asking is this training for real or should I just get a maters in
Commercial RealEstate? Any updates from your friend that joined. I attended
the conference when he was here in the bay area a couple of weeks ago. Did
your husband join?

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Jack E

Posted by Jack E on March 25, 2008 at 15:38:40:

Unfortunately there is little value in almost any Guru’s offering. Use your brain! Their business is to part you from your money!! You will find more and much better information here on this site than all the so called Gurus put together and again, that’s the truth.

Re: Cherif Medawar and John Farina - Posted by Raymond Weston

Posted by Raymond Weston on June 15, 2009 at 10:31:19:

My efforts are progressing on a number of efforts. At this moment, I am in deals with several FSBOs, Paper deals, and 1 Rehab project. I have a full plate at the moment. Plus I am upgrading one of my main websites. Its basic at the moment, but I am looking to take it to the next level. As soon as I am complete with a few of these projects, and have upgraded my liquidity; I’ll invest with Cherif Medawar, and see where his Commercial program can take CCR. Let me know how you are doing

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Diver

Posted by Diver on March 15, 2010 at 13:35:46:

Now, was that worth 3K?

What if you didn’t have this info? One would be totally lost or panic in a lawsuit situation.

I’ve learn many things from investors & seminars. It’s doesn’t mean, I have to pay. As long as I know what they’re talking about. I, may or may not know how to do it, but I, at least know it’s out there.

For the people, who never, or ever attempt anything. My question is “How are you going to know?”

You don’t have to pay 3K nor 100 or 30.00, but you have to know, it exist! Then you can research it, to see if it’s true, after go to the library where’s it FREE! Only problem is, it’s takes long to learn for some, b/c majority of the ppl, just don’t like to read! So you’ll be learning in slow motion!

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Vince Silos

Posted by Vince Silos on September 03, 2008 at 08:28:41:

Robert Allen’s system worked. I bought and sold 39 pieces of properties using mostly nothing down and pocketing money after we closed escrow. My downfall was not knowing when to put the brakes on when the economy turned south beginning in the late 80’s. My fault not Robert Allen’s. Take what you can learn from Cherif. There is always something good anyone can share. It is the usual the cup is half full or half empty

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Burnett Birthwright

Posted by Burnett Birthwright on August 27, 2008 at 09:41:39:

Jump to navigation

crain’s new york business.comHomepage News Resources Events Video Community
Welcome Bette! | View your profile | Log out
Subscribe Lists Archives

Photo: AP Images NY lawmakers cheer loudest for Clinton
The Empire State delegation still has high hopes for Ms. Clinton’s place in the party, and New York officials said after her speech those hopes had been realized.
READ MORE»

Plus: Democratic Convention ratings tepid

BLOG: Inside the Democratic Convention
Media / EntertainmentLifetime buys ParentsClick Network
The deal, estimated to be around $10 million, marks the first time … FULL STORY »
RetailJ. Crew’s online woes worry analysts
Analysts are concerned that problems with the retailer’s online system,… FULL STORY »
More HeadlinesCensus shows decline in NYC poverty rate

NYC window washer has fatal fall

State: NYC court fund accounting $14M off

NYC’s drinking water wins state test

Man sentenced for writing hate letters to Jeter

Jets seat licensing plan spares upper deck

Internal memo reveals Citi penny-pinching

View all of Today’s News Headlines
Today’s PollShould the Jets and Giants sell new stadium seat licenses? Business Lives
40 under 40
Current Issue

Forty under Forty
Featuring
Dylan Lauren
18 years of profiles
Where are they now?

Advertisement

Business Lists

New York City’s Largest Health Insurers full list »

New York Area’s Top Professional Sports Teams full list »

New York Area’s Largest Women-Owned Companies full list »

New York Area’s Largest Minority-Owned Companies full list »

New York Area’s Highest-Paid CEOs full list »

Complete Book of Lists »

Current Issue
Little museum takes giant step
After years of litigation, MAD ready for unveiling; still controversial

full story »
Airlines cut flights out of NY
Fewer passengers, higher fuel costs mean less service to smaller cities; fares up

full story »
Landlords up ante
Offers of free rent, custom-built office space on the rise in softening market

full story »
Full Table of Contents: Digital Edition »
Subscribe Now »
Video

Weiner vows to spur job creation
more videos »
Newsletters
INSIDER: At least one victory for Hillary more »

HEALTH PULSE: Aetna-NYU performance pact status more »

REAL ESTATE DEALS: Employment firm expands in Times Sq. more »

CONNECTIONS: Finance wiz to Forbes more »

Edit your preference settings »

Restaurant Reviews
No sauce is withheld here
At Saucy, patrons compose entrées from elements that reflect global tastes

continue reading »
more reviews by Bob Lape»
Executive Moves
Ken Rapp
CB Richard Ellis. Ken Rapp, 42, was promoted to vice chairman. He previously was executive vice president.

Craig Reicher
CB Richard Ellis. Craig Reicher, 46, was promoted to vice chairman. He previously was executive vice president.

more executive moves »

submit an executive move »

New York City Stars
» 100 Most Influential Women
Crain’s ranks the 100 most influential women in NYC Business

» 40 under 40
New York’s rising stars under the age of 40 - View past 17 years winners.

» Online advertising’s workers
New York City is at the forefront of the online advertising revolution. View a slideshow of profiles.
City Facts

New York City Foreclosures
Which New York City borough had the most foreclosures in 2007?

find out »

more city facts »

ADVERTISEMENT

Editorial Calendar| Subscriptions| Media Kit| RSS Feeds| Archives| Reprints| About Us
Entire contents © 2008 Crain Communications, Inc.

Privacy Statement| Contact Us
I WILL PUT YOU IN THIS SYSTEM FOR A NICE PRICE OK TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO DO I AM A NEW YORK BUSINESS. COM REP.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 04, 2008 at 20:42:28:

Recently, I gave my notice of cancellation to ICRE. I’ll know on June 12, or 13, will they credit my credit card on this refund.

What I didn’t like was that Cherif himself is not teaching the class. It’s going to be done by this group from Florida. I found out that they also do Robert Allen’s workshop. Kind of iffy for me.

Anyway, when I wanted to cancel, they put me on hold and sent be to a guy named Tony. He kept asking me why did I signed up? Trying to give me more time to look at the materials (Which I didn’t have). I let him talked, and he was getting angry at me (Me, the poor consumer is being scolded for changing my mind). He told me that he’ll never sign up anyone from my zip code area again, b/c of what I did. And then, he told me that he’ll cancel me out now!

I know my state Rights, in California, we have a 3 days cooling off period to protect the consumer, in case, we change our minds! Remember that Californians

Good Luck!

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on April 16, 2008 at 16:36:25:

check out http://efundingcom.com/seminar.htm

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by JoAnne Lengyel

Posted by JoAnne Lengyel on March 27, 2008 at 16:02:58:

I received a page from some sort of newspaper with info about Medawar. It had a handwritten post it note on it simply saying, “JoAnne, you gotta see this!,” it was signed “L”. I have not idea who “L” is. What kind of a scam is this? And they wonder why our industry has such a bad reputation!

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by Deena chevalier

Posted by Deena chevalier on May 31, 2010 at 24:40:56:

It is well worth 3k to attend Cherif Medawar training in real estate
because you don’t just get him live with an incredible presence and
a unique ability to answer all questions with depth and expertise,
you actually get a license agreement to immediately sell his REOs
which I did and have already made more in 30 days than I made
from all books and all other seminars put together. Thank you
Cherif am
Nd may God Bless you for creating so many opportunities for others.

Re: Cherif Medawar - Posted by CO2 Traveler

Posted by CO2 Traveler on March 15, 2010 at 14:07:55:

To Steve:

the same things happened to me with the same script! The guy was a closer, so it’s his job to convince you to stay in the program. As a California, I do know about California Comsumer Protection Rights, with 3 days. I don’t think any companies wants to mess with that. They can be thrown in jail the next time, the show up for a seminar in California!

Anyway, I did tell him, that I was busy, b/c I was going out of the country (which is true), I didn’t have the time to look or study it.

I got my refund, but didn’t like the way I was treated. I thought, only in Asia is where they seller can yell at the buyser!

Anyway, Congratulation to Janet, who is the few that can be able to do deals, after taking a real estate seminars, while other aren’t able too.