City Sewage Backup on Proprty I just Sold.Problem? - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on November 23, 2000 at 21:20:55:

Ed,Nothing has been said to me by the purchaser as of yet.I was just trying to prepare in case something was to come of this.

Maybe I’m putting the cart in front of the donkey. Thanks for your input.

(The Rich Rehabber)

City Sewage Backup on Proprty I just Sold.Problem? - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on November 22, 2000 at 20:45:30:

Just sold a rehab.The sewage had backed up during the rehab.The neighbor said this happens from time to time and they call the city to come in and root out the line (no blockage on residence side) on the city side.

This area of town was not in the city limits when built but years later annexed.

Well the neighbor has now left a message that the sewage has backed up at his house and he said that the rehab probably had it also back up.

Could this be a potiential liability problem for me?

Did you… - Posted by johnPA

Posted by johnPA on November 22, 2000 at 23:01:54:

disclose to your buyer the recent back up that you experienced during the rehab? If so, you should be ok!

Re: City Sewage Backup on Proprty - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on November 22, 2000 at 22:29:06:

Don’t see how it could if you didn’t do anything to contribute to the problem. What does your rehabbing have to do with his back up?

Re: Did you… - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on November 22, 2000 at 23:33:25:

I did verbally disclose to her as we pased outside the title co.

Re: City Sewage Backup on Proprty - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on November 23, 2000 at 21:26:56:

Hi Dew.I’m just trying to see what I might expect “IF” she were to try to come back on me (The Trust).I would think that her insurance would pay.

Thanks for your input.

Re: A verbal disclosure - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on November 23, 2000 at 16:36:26:

is probably not worth the paper that it is not written on. It sounds to me like she wants to collect some extra money from you (to sweeten her deal). Going in she appears to be in a little better position than you are in, good luck in small claims court (you rich rehabber you…).