closing turn-around time - Posted by Lara Gatlin

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 08, 2003 at 10:54:46:

Lara: the four-week delay is the standard explanation from title/escrow here as well. It’s kind of tiresome. I am finally working with an escrow agent that isn’t rude–and calls me back. But she hasn’t been able to make the title dept. work much faster–sometimes in less than 10 days, but usually with lots of prodding, etc.

You can use any title company that you can find that is willing to write the policy. Who does closings in TX? Attorneys or escrow co.? A couple of times I’ve told my escrow/title company that I’ve found other title companies that can work faster–and then their prelim report shows up in the next few days, instead of weeks later.

When you do find a company to work with, speak with a title manager about what info you can gather and provide regarding names and personal info for the sellers. The more they have to work with from the start, the faster it goes.

Sincerely, Kristine

closing turn-around time - Posted by Lara Gatlin

Posted by Lara Gatlin on July 08, 2003 at 08:52:32:

Hi all! I just wanted to see if anyone else out there is having my kind of problems. I live in a small town of 75,000 in east texas. There are only two title companies in this town. I have two properties that are side by side that I am trying to close on, but each title company is telling me that it is going to take up to 4 weeks, if not longer, to close on these properties. They say the reason for this is because everyone is re-financing right now due to low interest rates and they are busier than ever. And not to mention they are rude. I find this unacceptable. I should not be forced to do business with companies that don’t appreciate my business just because they are the only ones here, and they know it.

My first question is: is anyone else having to wait four weeks or more to close?

Second question: does anyone know if I can go with an out of town title company to close? My sellers are getting fed up and I don’t want to lose these properties.

Please let me know via email.

Thanks and sorry for the long read!
Lara