Cold Calling FSBO's / For Rent - Posted by breeves

Posted by eric on April 07, 1999 at 11:21:44:

you might want to try www.dogpile.com on the reverse lookups to…

Cold Calling FSBO’s / For Rent - Posted by breeves

Posted by breeves on April 06, 1999 at 12:20:32:

I hate the fact that cold calling FSBO ads and FOR RENT ads is very effective as well as very inexpensive because I HATE IT! However, I will continue. I love getting the answering machine so I can use Joe Kaiser’s method of leaving a message. I log all phone numbers I call into Excel and keep a hard copy info sheet to fill out when I get a possible candidate and put a followup call date on the hard copy and file it according to call back date. I sort the Excel numbers for the next session so I don’t call back the same numbers. This seems to work ok, I was wondering if someone has a slicker system. I’m calling for primarily L/O deals. I would prefer to use a simple postcard to the ads in the newspaper but the reverse search (Anywho, etc.) only give me about a 40% success rate on getting the address.

Re: Cold Calling FSBO’s / For Rent - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on April 07, 1999 at 10:24:00:

Breeves,
Try the reverse look-up on http://www.infousa.com/ I have had a much higher success ratio there. Also, they give you the persons neighbors if you want, a very useful little list. The person’s neighbors might think of the person you are aiming at or even someone else on the block with a house for sale, and talk them into giving you a call.
Good luck,
Michael Murray