cold calling results from last night - Posted by john

Posted by Tom-FL on July 01, 2003 at 17:33:19:

I know a guy who nails 'em to the garage door. He gets plenty of calls.

cold calling results from last night - Posted by john

Posted by john on June 30, 2003 at 10:41:17:

I may be having this conversation with myself, but here it goes. I decide last night to stalk a few 25 days before sale deals, just to see what will happen and thinking that just maybe I would find an actual deal?

For a property that was an hour away, I called this seller through a number that I thought may have been his son’s. Sorry, no anger on the other end of the line, he just thought about it a minute and said, “the property is not going to sale!”. What should I say or do? WOW buying distressed real estate is so freaking easy! I am thinking of starting some seminars, I am fairly certain that selling seminars on “how to make money in real estate” is far more profitable then actually buying and selling R.E.

Next seller is home, but it takes freaking 10 minutes of banging and yelling to get anyone to answer the door. Its someone other then the seller, she claims the seller is at work until 9:00 pm, it is now 7:00 pm. funny though all the cars that are normally in the drive way are there. The seller must be driving a brand new rig! LOL She bought the new car and forgot to make the house payments for 6 months. WOW again this is such easy money!

Next local seller, I figure the house on this deal is worth maybe $165 or so. I continue research and some how learn that this seller has done the smart thing before the axe fell, they closed escrow last friday for guess what amount…$165,000. I am happy I didn’t drive out to this home.

Next local pre-foreclosure/possible seller is about 8 blocks from my home. I bang on the door and ring the bell, it is roughly 8:00 pm at night on Sunday, yesterday mind you. I get the Standard response for folks 25 days from sale. They know who and why and what YOU want, so they simply do not answer the door. WOW this is great, the money just rolls in in this business! lol. On this one I talk to a neighbor for 15 minutes or so, I also try and sell the neighbor new vinyl windows! The golden rule, always be closing! The neighbors say the possible seller’s had company over that afternoon and everything seems to be normal at the house? Kind of odd, I am thinking. So I go home and do some more research, the home has a 10 year note form a local bank and they have never been recorder default before, basically no other records at all, which is why i cherry picked this one. BUT, then I run the wife’s name and bingo a freaking $201,000 private party note pops up from 1999! WHAT IS GOING ON, has the world turned completely upside down? the house has a value of say $160,000, the owners have an old 10 year note form a local bank that is maybe at $80k plus rears, and they both agreed and signed this private party 2nd TD for $201,000 in 1999.

I also drive out about a mile away to a nice Condo, where again no one will answer the freaking door. And so at 9:20 pm I call it another day in the life of a wan be foreclosure seminar seller, opps did I say that. What I really meant was Professional Real Estate Investor.

Thank god its monday

John

Re: cold calling results from last night - Posted by tampasteph

Posted by tampasteph on June 30, 2003 at 16:49:36:

It’s all a numbers game. You might get the same response from the next 85 doors you knock on. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. This is why so many people give up after several months of trying. Don’t give up.

Repost results after 100 vs. 5 - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on June 30, 2003 at 10:53:49:

(n/t)

Re: cold calling results from last night - Posted by john

Posted by john on June 30, 2003 at 18:07:30:

I agree 100% it is a numbers game.

Just got back from a cold call, Me and about 10 other foreclosure chasers are trying to contact and save a difficult seller as we speak, The seller is going to walk away from the house and about $130k in equity on an as-is value of maybe $260k.

The problem is the seller just walks over to the property every 3 or 4 days to pick up the mail and then leaves, I believe That I have now figured out where the seller is going and where this seller has been living. Many others have tried to find this seller, they have left notes on the door or send letters, but I am determined to get to this one some how or some way, I have a couple of direct ideas with some back up plans.

The results will be in one way or another in about a month! game over LOL :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

John

Re: cold calling results from last night - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on July 01, 2003 at 01:07:15:

Well, one way to get a call is to use his lawn for your WE BUY HOUSES sign. Cram one right up by the mailbox, and I’m pretty sure he’ll be calling you. Not sure if that’s going to be the best way to get him to call though. However, it might just be he who gets there first who gets this guy on his side.