college student: getting started in REI - Posted by marvin

Posted by M Mustipitch on May 13, 2000 at 20:54:51:

I suggest finishing up college, and then working at Wendy’s . Ask each customer that comes in if they would like to sell their house? You’ll have security from Wendy’s and can ask around at the same time. And…it’s cheaper

Mark Mustapitch

college student: getting started in REI - Posted by marvin

Posted by marvin on May 11, 2000 at 17:28:43:

Hello ladies and gentlemen
I’m an 18yr old college student (college in FL/home is MI) and I’ve been searching for a way to generate income part-time, hopefully enough to pay at least part of my tuition and pay off loans without taking too much time away from my studies. I am seriously considering getting into REI and am thinking of buying the Carleton Sheets Course. I was hoping for any advice inc whether I should buy the CS course or check on other materisals and any good resource materials would also be appreciated as would any helpful hints about some of REI’s pitfalls.
Thank you in advance
Marvin

note: college is in the Tallahassee area of FL
home: Metro-Detroit

Re: college student: getting started in REI - Posted by Lee Harrison

Posted by Lee Harrison on May 19, 2000 at 14:05:14:

I think the system does work but it helps if you have a job and some financial stability I am just getting started in it myself but I have a good job which helps
in terms of affording education materials, and other
costs. Don’t listen to that guy with the Wendy’s crack
he is obviously a loser who doesn’t want to see anyone
else succeed

Good Luck!!!

Thank you All - Posted by marvin

Posted by marvin on May 16, 2000 at 13:56:21:

Thank you so much people, I’m getting the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad and the CS course. I’ve also enjoyed reading the posts on the site…as for the advice on Wendys, Thanks but I think I’ll try it the hard way.
–Gracias
marvin

CS course as a starter - Posted by E. Brobeck

Posted by E. Brobeck on May 13, 2000 at 09:40:07:

Ditto on the CS course, very detailed, thorough…and I like the what to to next in that last chapter. He got a nice write up in the Washington Post.

Suggest (1) the CD version, if you have ready access to a computer. (2) don’t do the fast delivery. (3) do a search on web auction sites (such as EBAY), if you need to save some money. (4) they will follow up and bug you a bit to go with their personal coaching course (expensive $$$$$$$$$$$). I politely say no thanks and hang up.

Other than that…a terrific starter course.

Re: college student: getting started in REI - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 12, 2000 at 07:33:48:

Sheets is a good “getting started” type course. Also read all the how-to-articles, money making ideas, and success stories on this website.

Re: college student: getting started in REI - Posted by Garry FitzGerald II

Posted by Garry FitzGerald II on May 11, 2000 at 18:31:26:

I would suggest that you buy the CS home study course and get started investing in RE. You need to educate yourself and then get started applying the knowledge pro-actively. Good Luck

Re: Thank you All - Posted by scott

Posted by scott on May 16, 2000 at 17:06:19:

if you like rich dad poor dad read cash flow quandrants