Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 16, 2001 at 17:45:56:

I love this board, it’s a great example of “ask and ye shall recieve” Thanks for all the input from everyone.

Daniel, your advice was very good, especially as it relates to volume. As I am not doing more than 300 pages per month, I am leaning toward the HPG85 or 95. I am planning on using it to provide listing sheets with pictures, as well as simlar infomration for our investors. I will file this email for future reference and be sure to call upon you when my volume reaches sufficient levels. (which I hope is soon!)
Thanks again for your insight!

Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 14, 2001 at 17:11:31:

Am using a digital camera to get PIX of MH’s into my computer to put on my website, (www.creativehomebuyers.com) and for use in printing fliers, etc. What is a good color printer? I just picked up the Office Depot Catalog and was looking at several in there. I’m hoping to find one that prints on both sides. Any comments on what resolution is good for those of you doing this?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Re: Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by Daniel Deddo

Posted by Daniel Deddo on March 15, 2001 at 23:23:29:

In response o your question as to what is a good color printer, it really is all relative. As a profession I an the Color Products Manager for IKON Office Solutions in San Jose California. Small printers can be great for the individual who is printing pictures of their vacation or the occasional letter with a splash of color. Unfortunately the smaller the printer the more costly they are to operate. For thos who are utilizling it for real estate applications where a great deal of text and graphics are involved, the cost of cosumables alone can run over $1.00 per page, depending on how intense the coverage of ink or toner is. If you are running less than 300 prints per month than I suggest to stay with those offerings found at Office depot or Fry’s Electronics. For those of you who do more than 300 prints per month but less than 1,500 I suggest looking at some of the larger models offered by HP, Canon, or Tektronix. And for those of you who do even greater monthly volumes and must resort to your ocal Kinkos for help there are larger, faster, and yet more cost effective solutions. Though I have my personal preferences in printing solutions I wouldnt want to lead anyone down one path without knowing what is important to them. Whether it is color quality, consistancy, photo realism, speed, paper handling, cost effectivness, etc… there are solutions that may be better for you depending on what you are looking for. If anyone has any questions I would be willing to accept emails at my office to assist you in implementing the best solution for your needs. This is not a solicitation to do business by any means. I simply have a vast knowledge on the subject and would be willing to assist those who need help being pointed in the right direction.
Sincerely,
Daniel Deddo
Santa Cruz, CA