Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by RobertR on March 14, 2001 at 20:08:55:

Doug and Tony,

A review of the G85 and a little on the G95 is at the following site. Also more linkd to G95 reviews in PC Magazine. As you probably know, the G95 does color duplexing and the G85 may not. Good luck.

http://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/pipreviews/0,8827,194519,00.html

Cordially, RobertR

Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 14, 2001 at 17:08:33:

Am using a digital camera to get PIX of MH’s into my computer to put on my website, (www.creativehomebuyers.com) and for use in printing fliers, etc. What is a good color printer? I just picked up the Office Depot Catalog and was looking at several in there. I’m hoping to find one that prints on both sides. Any comments on what resolution is good for those of you doing this?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Re: Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on March 15, 2001 at 06:01:23:

Doug,
On the low end of the scale, I just picked up an Epson 777 for 100 bucks, Certainly not commercial grade but the output is incredible. It can print up to 2880 dpi as I recall ( absolute photo quality prints of pics of my new grand-daughter) and has lots of settings you can play with to get good quality without burning toner cartridges. My kids keep it busy printing pictures of their favorite “Monster Trucks” and I’ve only replaced the color cartridge once in the past 2 months.
Lyal

Re: Color Printer Suggestions - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 14, 2001 at 20:47:02:

Hi Doug,
I have a Hewlett Packard K60 Office Jet…approx. $700.00. It has copier (enlarges and shrinks copies) fax, scanner (plus to e-mail)it has great color. It’s all in one…the down side is if one thing goes wrong…I have had great luck with it. I looked for a long time and this gave me the most bang for my buck.
C-Net.com…usually give a run down on the best and worst.
Great success,
Dee-Texas

How about Color Copiers? - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on March 14, 2001 at 18:38:05:

I am looking into buying a color copier as well for some of our marketing plans. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: How about Color Copiers? - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on March 19, 2001 at 14:44:16:

I have a non-color xerox that I am about ready
to give it away…it cost me $1,400 in 1994
and it only has about 20,000 copies on the counter
…the problem being I can buy a new copier
for the same price as what it would cost to
fix this one…what’s wrong with it you ask…
NOTHING !! …BUT…it does need an ink cartridge
and a copy cartridge which are normal maintenance.
Soooo if you are looking for a color copier…
before you hand them your hard earned money…
check out what the maintenance costs will be AND
how often you will have to shell out the $$ !!!

Re: How about Color Copiers? - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 14, 2001 at 19:00:06:

I am looking at the HPG85 or G95 which is a multifunction machine, color copier fax, printer, scanner, etc. Goes for 799-999, They also have a I course Techtronix and Xerox have some units in the $5K and up range as well. (Wonder if I can find a local dealer to trade me one of those for a “trailer” )

Doug

Re: How about Color Copiers? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 14, 2001 at 21:39:31:

Doug,

Don’t know much about copiers etc. but I just picked up one of those HPG85’s a couple months ago and it seems to work real well. Would like to do what you’re doing too. And Best Buy had it for $699.

Blane