Commerical Mortgage Software.... - Posted by tony

Posted by Les on October 01, 2003 at 11:35:57:

Tony,

I do use LendingApps occationally.

The full version does not include borrower underwriting. It only collects credit score, net worth and BK history. This is sufficient for what the program is designed for. Unlike the residential programs (LP and DO), this program does not issue approvals, it only identifies recommended lenders.

Hope that helps.

PS: I realized something after my earlier response. RealData is primarily forward looking, where as LendingApps focuses on historic data and uses that to calculate income and expenses post-closing. Unless it’s a special situation, like new construction, start-up or turn-around, lenders in general don’t like to rely on future projects. They want to see that the numbers work now.

Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by tony

Posted by tony on September 28, 2003 at 09:53:40:

Hi all.

I was wondering if any Commerical Mortgage Brokers out there can recommend a software program for Originating Commerical MOrtgages?

I have looked at Lendapp.com but was not impressed…especially considering the price of $1600 bucks!

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated…Thanks!

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by Les

Posted by Les on September 29, 2003 at 15:06:21:

Tony,

I looked at LendingApps and RealData and concluded that RealData was great for investors, and that LendingApps was great for lenders and loan originators.

RealData crunches a lot of numbers and projects them 20 years in the future. Under normal circumstances lenders are not interested in those numbers. Rule #1, don’t give lenders more than they need.

LendingApps strength is in its linkage to the underwriting guidelines of 60+ national, regional and local lenders, and the ability to upload your files to them electronically, since they have the corresponding software. If you don’t need help placing your loans, then this could be overkill. In that case I might opt for the less expensive RealData for its analytic capabilities, but reformat the information onto my own reports

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by John

Posted by John on September 29, 2003 at 07:49:36:

You may want to look at a company called realdata.com

they have a program that is pretty good and is a fraction of the price.

good luck.

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by tony

Posted by tony on September 29, 2003 at 15:17:11:

Thanks les… Are you a commercial mortgage broker?

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by Les

Posted by Les on September 29, 2003 at 15:33:40:

Yes I am.

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by Joseph R. Skoler

Posted by Joseph R. Skoler on September 30, 2003 at 18:59:20:

Hello,

Found this thread while looking for a solution to my financing issue.

Looking for 95% financing on purchase of $1,200,000 (18 unit apartment bldg in NYC). Remaining cash ($60,000), closing costs ($40,000) and renovation ($50,000) will be put up by me.

Can you help?

Thank you,

Joseph R. Skoler
646-201-5311

Re: Commerical Mortgage Software… - Posted by tony

Posted by tony on September 29, 2003 at 17:09:14:

Hi Les,

Do you use lending aps?

I have a trial version of the program and I noticed that it doesnt’ have a section to underwrite the borrower.

Does the full version have a section where the borrrower is also underwriten?

Thanks very much!