comps - Posted by Patrick(NM)

Posted by Patrick(NM) on June 06, 2006 at 19:43:43:

Thanks for all the replys…I am just looking for a rough idea of value. For example. A house I was dealing with was valued at 185k ARV on zillow. I rounded it down to 120k ARV. I think that would have been acurate but the deal never went through. Anyway…thanks for all your responses I was just curious

comps - Posted by Patrick(NM)

Posted by Patrick(NM) on June 05, 2006 at 23:09:01:

I was curious if anyone knows about how accurate Zillow.com is? Is it close enough to give a rough number to work with for quick flips? Thanks in advance.

Re: comps - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on June 06, 2006 at 17:51:33:

There are sites that will give you very accurate comps, but you have to pay for them. Relators can give you accurate comps from the MLS, if they are not obstinent and will do so. They seem to consider it their own private reserve. All most all the other free sites I have seen are subject to question. Some counties in some states will give youl comp sales free. Good Luck Jack

Re: comps - Posted by Scott D.

Posted by Scott D. on June 06, 2006 at 15:38:46:

I read an article on MSN that compared many of the different AVM (Automated Valuation Model) type sites. The main focus of the article was that even the highest rated site was accurate only 50% of the time. I believe that site was www.domania.com. My suggestion would be to use those sites only to give you a very rough idea as to the value.

Re: comps - Posted by Trish

Posted by Trish on June 06, 2006 at 13:40:10:

Patrick,
NO. I have found that it can be off be thousands. IN each way. Do your due diligience and pay for the comps. Try ‘www.realquest.com’… You will pay per report but it will give you better info for hard money lenders if you want to go that route.