Comps Refresher - Posted by Lew

Posted by BRnBA on May 12, 1999 at 14:21:25:

Contact Tami Gillman at 206-282-8709 and be sure to tell her you are with Joe Kaiser’s group. I have the CD and love it because I can do all the searches I want. Sometimes it’s helpful to do several searches on the same property with different perameters such as changing the radius from 1/4 to 1/2 mile or changing the sq. footage. I’ve done as many as six or seven on the same property. However, if you feel you will be operating in several counties you might find it advantagous to use the online service. For me, one county is plenty.

Comps Refresher - Posted by Lew

Posted by Lew on May 12, 1999 at 08:39:33:

Hello Everyone,

Can some one give me a refresher on obtaining Comps information other than from a broker, and at what price can I expect to pay for the Service??

Re: Comps Refresher - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 12, 1999 at 12:42:51:

Hi Lew-

I’ve had the same problem, not wanting to keep bothering realtor friends for comps on FSBOs. I’ve checked into it and have decided to go with First American Real Estate Solutions (web address below). I haven’t received it or used it yet, so I can’t give you a qualified opinion, but it comes highly recommended. There are a couple of options with FARES. You can get an monthly updated CD for the county you are interested in, or you can get online access for all counties in their system. Joe Kaiser has worked-out a good deal through his sales rep for the online service you could take advantage of, if you desire more than one county. I forget her name and phone number, but you could email him and ask.

I’ve also checked into an “associate” membership to the MLS here in Phoenix, but the local MLS is strict about these memberships. I know it’s different in other cities. You may want to contact your local MLS and find out if you can pay a fee to get access as a non-Realtor.

I’ve also heard that some title companies will run comps for properties for free and send you the information. Personally, I want comps at a moment’s notice, on my schedule, so that’s why I’m going with FARES. If you’re interested, you could contact a sales office near you, listed at the following site.

http//:www.firstam.com

Stacy