confused - Posted by Sidell

Posted by Sidell on January 23, 2002 at 13:26:45:

Thank you, Kristine, for your response. I will take your advice and start lookig for a different type of way to profit in real estate. Someone once told me that selling comercial real estate is better than selling residential because buyers know more of what they are looking for in commercial endeavors. I don’t know if this is true.
Thanks again,
Sidell

confused - Posted by Sidell

Posted by Sidell on January 22, 2002 at 23:51:23:

Hello, real estate people,
I have had a dream to profit with real estate for a long time. I ordered Carlton Sheets kit, Ed Beckley, and Robert Allen’s book and still I just don’t understand it!!!
I do not know how I can convince the seller and what I am supposed to convince him/her to do.
Any advice?
Thank you,
Sidell

Re: confused - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on January 23, 2002 at 14:10:06:

You don’t have to convince them. You have to find them.

Every day there are 100’s of real estate sales. Some for high prices, some for low prices, some for real low prices. You want the real low prices or in any case the real good deals. To find the good deals you must find the motivated seller, the don’t wanter, the person who is not motivated by price or profit but by some other reason.

These deals may only amount to 1 out of every 100 transactions but they are the gems you have to seek out. These once in a lifetime deals come along once or twice a month if you know how to find them.

It is a lot easier to sell someone something they want, than to sell something they don’t want. The same goes for buying. The secret is to buy from the motivated seller.

You don’t have to memorise all the info and you sure don’t need to use all that stuff on every deal. On any one deal you may only use a few ideas.

Re: confused - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on January 23, 2002 at 24:18:09:

Sidell: if you are confused by the ideas of the people you mentioned in your post, maybe you should consider doing a different kind of real estate investment. There are all kinds of real estate transactions that do not require that you convince a seller of anything. It actually happens that there are sellers who want to sell and buyers who want to buy. It can be that simple if the numbers work for you. Many of the gurus and REI writers are suggesting ways to be very aggressive in real estate. That doesn’t have to be your way. My suggestion is to keep looking for the right investment style for you. Reading this site has so many different possibilities for REI ideas. Sincerely, Kristine