connecting MH pipe to standard PVC? - Posted by Allen

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Robert Moren

Posted by Robert Moren on August 20, 2002 at 21:56:48:

last 10 years have been haveingproblems with my mobile home and it pipes comming apart

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by mona tase

Posted by mona tase on August 20, 2002 at 21:12:52:

I just heared about this today on the t.v. i bought a 1989 mobil home about 6 years ago . what do i do.

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Dan DeBRASKE

Posted by Dan DeBRASKE on August 20, 2002 at 20:47:19:

I bought a double wide in 1992 from bob’s mobil homes
in iron mountin mich. It was a carolton what should i do.

READ www.pbpipe.com. Turkey Hill update. - Posted by JOhn Rodman

Posted by JOhn Rodman on August 20, 2002 at 16:51:47:

If it ain’t broke…
Again: Read www.pbpipe.com and call the 800 number for instructions.
Check the MANUFACTURED date of your mobile. 11 years back up to 1995 (approx) you are covered, if you had leaks.

A neighbor said a plumbing contractor “replaced all the pipes; Took 2 men 2 days.”
This was a few years ago. My neighbors did not contact the contractor. Maybe the contractor was “working” the rebate.

If you are not covered, and have leak, you might contact:
Previous owner (did they disclose the recall? )
Home warranty provider (if you have a home warranty)
Real estate agents (did they know of recall at time of sale?)
Plumbing companies (they may have done the recall procedure for another owner)

If you have leaks, the fittings (connectors) are probably the location.

If you are physically able, the repair is simple. Cut off the leaking fitting and replace.
Get CORRECT replacement connectors (and advice!) at hardware store, plumbing supply, etc. $3 to $6 each.

Lowes has the “Female Insert” fittings and replacement pipe. Home Depot did not.
DO NOT GLUE the grey qest pipe to CVPC. This was done by previous owner(s) The glue repair has come unglued in my mobile.
DO NOT USE HOSE CLAMPS. This old repair has leaked in my mobile.

read www.flair-it.com for alternate connectors.

I have chosen to replace ALL pipe and fittings because I live in California, and if I sell my mobile, I will have to DISCLOSE any actual problems, or risk a lawsuit by future owner.

By the way, I bought my mobile from a lawyer, so I will NOT be trying to sue the previous owner for failing to disclose any problems.

Also the process of dragging the mobile up a very steep driveway on “Turkey Hill” could have shaken things up a bit and caused leaks to get worse!

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Gary Ball

Posted by Gary Ball on August 18, 2002 at 20:46:27:

My wife and I bought a double-wide August 1995, I have grey piping, what do we need to do?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by tim ferguson

Posted by tim ferguson on August 16, 2002 at 14:18:03:

ipurchased doublewide in 1988 and had numerous leaks and floor damage. what should i do?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Jan Cherry

Posted by Jan Cherry on August 15, 2002 at 08:58:40:

Please how do I recognise the pipe in question?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Julian Palomino

Posted by Julian Palomino on August 15, 2002 at 05:10:07:

My house was built in 1994 and if i remember the pipe that they used look kinda like the one you showed on TV. What do i have to do now?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Ron Morgan

Posted by Ron Morgan on August 13, 2002 at 13:13:12:

I own a 1984 mobile home and it has the pipe that is recalled. What can I do about it.

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by PHIL WATKINS

Posted by PHIL WATKINS on August 12, 2002 at 10:54:57:

PURCHASED MOBILE HOME IN 1989, AND IT HAS THE PIPE THAT IS BEING RECALLED. WHAT DO I DO TO GET REPLACEMENT?

PHIL WATKINS
3998 LEE ST PARK RD
LAMAR SC 29069

As far as I can tell … - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on April 18, 2002 at 07:17:26:

… from reading the legal notice, there’s no problem and no recall if the original tubing doesn’t leak. And I’m sure that leaking due to freezing pipes doesn’t count. My take on the situation is that there were some problems with leaks, but that the vast majority of homes are/were OK. I believe the problem was with certain kinds of fittings that the MH manufacturers used with the tubing. These are different from the fittings we’re discussing here. (Just my take on this. Consult a competant attorney for a professional interpretation of the legal issues.)

Best wishes,
Jerry

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Araceli

Posted by Araceli on July 30, 2010 at 10:12:48:

I just bought a house and i have quest pipe and is causing all kinds of damage and I know it was a class action law suit and all i want is my house repipe cause this damage is not fair to me.

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by AUSTIN ENGLISH

Posted by AUSTIN ENGLISH on December 20, 2009 at 11:16:43:

WE OWN A RENTAL DUPLEX,WITH THIS PIPE.IN THE PAST YEAR WE HAVE HAD ONE LEAK AFTER ANOTHER.DAMEGING WALLS AND CARPET.NEED HELP

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by L Douglas Yates

Posted by L Douglas Yates on June 27, 2009 at 10:12:55:

We purchased a 1992 doublewide Horton with polyb pipe problems galore. At present one bath,hall, livingroom, kitchen has all been flooded. Last yr. master bath room was destroyed. Just lastnight, I found out there was an action suit going on with these pipes, now to find a statement saying May 1, 09 is the deadline. Please help, myself, wife and two children are living elsewhere, cause we can’t afford to fix at this time… Pliase help!!! The Yates Family

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by RosaScales

Posted by RosaScales on December 31, 2008 at 19:00:11:

I just now found about the recall could you give me a name of plumbers that could redo my pipes I have an older singlewide mobile home

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by wanda martin

Posted by wanda martin on May 21, 2008 at 19:42:55:

I have a double wide trailer that I bought in 1989 brand new. I sent a paper in and never heard from it. I had my plummer to fill it out. Since I never heard from it I have paid for all my leaks myself . I wish I could get my pipes redone. I thought that was what they were going to do but I never heard from the pipe co. Wanda Martin

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Larry Woodward

Posted by Larry Woodward on September 09, 2002 at 18:24:08:

I purchased new in 1993 a Chariot Park Model Trailer which has the PB pipe. Can I get it replaced?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by Carl E Bunch

Posted by Carl E Bunch on January 26, 2006 at 14:50:02:

Getting too many leaks in my water line for no reason

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by George F.Jager

Posted by George F.Jager on August 27, 2002 at 16:56:47:

1992 brought 1985 mobile home have had lots of leaks from broken fittings .can I get in on recall?

Re: qest pipe was recalled. see www.pbpipe.com - Posted by george f. jager

Posted by george f. jager on August 27, 2002 at 16:46:34:

have house appt.added 1983used qest pipe.pipe broke night ofaug.24.2002 what can I do about it.