CONSECO? - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by CAMERON on April 05, 2000 at 21:15:08:

CONSECO IS IN THE PROCESS OF SELLING OUT OF THE INDUSTRY SHOULD BE FINAL BY YR END THEY ARE GOING BACK FULL FORCE IN THE INSURANCE BUS

CONSECO? - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on April 05, 2000 at 11:11:26:

I have one of my better mobile homes ready to put on the market (if I can clean up the stinky fridge - see post below!). I have a buyer, and I am willing to finance it as usual, but I would really like to cash out. I was thinking of maybe trying to secure financing for this buyer, allowing me to get a cash infusion for other projects. I’ve heard of CONSECO (formerly Greentree?) a lot, and was curious if I could use their services. I know that I could just call them and ASK, but first I was hoping to hear from the folks on this board whether or not my plan is sound. And, especially, if there are any tips or suggestions that anyone who has done something similar could share with me.

Basically, could this work, and what do I need to know to make it work?

Thanks!

Former GreenTree unit being sold. - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on April 05, 2000 at 20:26:31:

More FYI than anything else. I heard that Conseco is selling off the mobile home lending division (formerly GreenTree). Don’t know to whom but keep an eye out for a new name in the future!

Re: CONSECO? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2000 at 18:00:53:

Canseco, formerly Greentree, is very easy to work with. They finance mobile homes mainly in parks. To my knowledge, I have never heard of them buying seller created mortgages on mobiles.

Anybody else?