Conseco rep is eager to meet with me? :) - Posted by Brett (WI)

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 17, 2002 at 22:13:15:

:~)

Conseco rep is eager to meet with me? :slight_smile: - Posted by Brett (WI)

Posted by Brett (WI) on April 17, 2002 at 06:24:54:

Hello everyone looking for more of that great advise.(Hopefully from that wise sage Doc) I am just getting started in the MH investing and still waiting for my DOW book. I feel like a kid watching the mail :slight_smile:
I have been driving through the parks in my area and feverishly reading hours away on this site. I sent an email to Conseco saying I was interested in repos in the Wisconsin area on Monday and on Tuesday while I was at work a rep called and left a message for me. She said she was the rep for Wisconsin and was in my area and “eager to meet with me” Luckily she is out of town until Monday because I really would be shooting from the hip so to speak.
My question is do I meet with her before my book arrives or do I put her off until I know what the heck I am talking about? If she is eager to meet with me does that mean there are alot of MHs she needs to unload? Right now I have about 4k squirrled away with another 3500 coming from another investment in June. I don’t want to blow a big opportunity if she doesn’t believe I know what I am talking about. I am really anxious to get started. Since I found this site I feel like I eat, sleep, and dream MHs.
Again thanks for all the great free advise you all post.
Good Investing,
Brett

Beware Conseco!! - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on April 20, 2002 at 13:48:51:

Just my way of saying keep your eyes open. She could be looking for a legitimate buyer, or a s**ker. If she’s anything like Conseco in Detroit, watch out. They give vultures a bad name. Repo’s “appraised” for 40K that you can “steal” for 25K AREN’T!!

Just by reading here you should have an idea what to look for. Also, ask her for her “low balance” list of homes, which Conseco considers not worth pursuing for dollars. Bottom line, if she can’t help YOU, move on. Good luck.

Blane

Re: Conseco rep is eager to meet with me? :slight_smile: - Posted by Dave(WI)

Posted by Dave(WI) on April 17, 2002 at 22:06:47:

Conseco’s repo list for Wisconsin is about 4 pages long now. The vast majority with asking prices above $15,000.00. If you do meet her, tell her your only interested in the “Wholesale Homes”. There are only a few of them and they are the typical Lonnie Deals.

Dave(WI)

The Three Wise Men Speaketh - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 17, 2002 at 14:49:50:

It looks like Tony and Chuck beat me to the punch. Well can I at least kick you a couple of times while you’re down?

Good advice from a reliable source, the Bible. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, that to speak and remove all doubt”.

I hope you feel a bad cold coming on so you can pospone your date with destiny until you feel a little better (prepared).

Regards, doc

It’s like taking a test… - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 17, 2002 at 14:26:55:

…you can either prepare for it and stand a chance at holding your own, or go in cold turkey and wing it. It’s up to you.

Consider the long term. If you come across as someone who has an idea of what they are talking about and can actually do deals with this rep, then they may call you back on other deals. What will happen if you wing it and come across like you have wasted their time and are not familiar with mobile homes?

It helps to know what you know, and what you don’t know.

Best Wishes either way,

Tony-VA

Re: Conseco rep is eager to meet with me? :slight_smile: - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on April 17, 2002 at 12:11:30:

Without reading DO.W. I might be able to sell you the London Bridge (Docs got the Brooklyn Bridge) especially if I told you it had several MHs on it…
just kidding but you are ripe to lose your hard earned money if you don’t read D.O.W. FIRST !!

It took me many years to learn & understand the BASICS in auto repair…but when I finally understood, it became VERY easy to talk to customers and the customers felt comfortable with me because they could tell I knew what I was talking about. Once you understand the basics of Lonnie Deals you will be able to communicate to others that you know what you are talking about…when that happens you will start to relax and enjoy this business !!

Re: Conseco rep is eager to meet with me? :slight_smile: - Posted by Brett (WI)

Posted by Brett (WI) on April 23, 2002 at 21:13:22:

Thanks all for the posts. I did wait for my book and feel I am more prepared now. Dave(WI), any chance we could correspond via email with some questions I have pertaining to these deals in Wisconsin?
Thanks and Good Investing,
Brett(WI)

Re: The Three Wise Men Speaketh - Posted by dandrews

Posted by dandrews on April 17, 2002 at 21:02:15:

Your quote I believe was from Abraham Lincoln. The Bibical reference Abe was probably taking personal credit for is Proverbs 17:28 “Even a fool, when he holdeth is peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.”