Cont' Bubba's Momma - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 26, 2001 at 16:26:19:

By the way…good for you Dee. Don’t stop usin’ them contracts girl!!!

evelyn (former Texan…former Houstonian)

Cont’ Bubba’s Momma - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on February 26, 2001 at 15:26:47:

Called my attorney and we sat down and he went over all the contracts that I had them sign. (All Bronchicks contracts)
Attorney said, looks like you’ve got them. All the contracts are really good.
YEAH!!! Bronchick scores!!!
More to come on…the rest of the story
Dee-Texas

Re: Cont’ Bubba’s Momma - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on February 27, 2001 at 09:43:06:

I don’t know how many times you’ve had to go through this, but I’ve been called on my contracts more than once by sellers who decided at a later point that they no longer wanted to do the deal. I use LeGrand’s contracts that have been slightly modified by my attorney.

When I had my first experience with an upset seller who had an attorney contact me, I was very worried. In fact, I was so worried that I took a few days in getting back to them. It’s kind of funny. Attorneys will twist everything around in contract even if it is in very plain language. After the first time of explaining to an attorney what the contract language meant, (and I didn’t even go to law school! Heck, I dropped out of high school!) I learned that attornies will try to intimidate you by trying to make you think that your contract wording means something other than what it really is.

After I explain to the attorney exactly the same way that I explained it to the seller, they seem to understand it would be a waste of their time to try to take it to court. They will still try to see if you back down first though.

cont. Bubba’s Momma- link below - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on February 26, 2001 at 18:54:09:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/13555.html

give original post www - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on February 26, 2001 at 18:46:49:

As posts age down the list, it will become harder to
locate the post you are referring to. As people answer the posts that came between your original post and your most recent one, it will increase the spread even more.
If you answer your own most recent post, and include in it the link
to your original post, that would help.

Re: Cont’ Bubba’s Momma - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on February 26, 2001 at 15:39:48:

You go girl!

Way to go!

Re: Cont’ Bubba’s Momma - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on February 27, 2001 at 14:03:47:

You are so right!!! I have worked with attorneys for years and what seems like an anthill to me… they have turned into Mt. Rushmore, Mt. Sanai, Mt…well, you get the idea. Moral of the story…stick to your GUNS…uh, contracts?

evelyn