Contacting Home owners who want out. - Posted by Paul Carlin

Posted by Paul Carlin on June 22, 1999 at 15:09:55:

It cost me nothing, just make the call and talk like you do it all the time. I told them that I work for Pacific Mountain Funding, my little company to do deals, and told her what I wanted. Within an hour, I had the list in e-mail.

Contacting Home owners who want out. - Posted by Paul Carlin

Posted by Paul Carlin on June 22, 1999 at 10:52:47:

I just got a list of home owners in my county that live out of state. It was very easy. This is how. If you have to go to the county building, you are doing it all wrong. Who does searches every day at the county building, Title companies. I called one here in town and asked for their “farm package department”. They are the people that make lists for loan officers. The loan guys will then take that data and market to them. Well, to make a long story short, I called three title companies before I found one that could make the list. With in one hour they e-mailed me the list of all the non-owner occupied houses in the county. I used excel to organize the data and now I have a list that is ready to print or merge.

My question is, what should I say? I plan to use post cards they are cheaper. Please help.

Re: Contacting Home owners who want out. - Posted by PaulC

Posted by PaulC on June 22, 1999 at 17:47:50:

Any ideas, what should I say?

Re: Contacting Home owners who want out. - Posted by Janine Peterson

Posted by Janine Peterson on June 22, 1999 at 14:43:15:

If you feel comfortable releasing this info, how much did the title company charge you per name to prepare this list? Definitely sounds worth it!

Re: Contacting Home owners who want out. - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on June 22, 1999 at 11:20:40:

Paul,
I did a search like this in my area (Ft Laud) and got
1200 (houses only, no multi’s, vacant land, etc) for
just a PORTION of the county. Now even 1200 postcard
stamps is $240, and I haven’t even scratched the surface… oh boy.

So I was just curious, Paul, what area are you in, and how many potential
addresses did you get?

You might want to look at Joe Kaisers thread called
"pushing the envelopes" at www.nothingdown.com in order
to come up with ideas for what to put on the postcards.

SandyFL