Contractor's Liscense - Posted by Paul Martinez

Posted by Mark-WV on July 16, 2002 at 06:25:42:

Paul, Here you must take a 80 question test with the state ,pass with a 80% score to get one . I would check the state web site for questions about the state where you live or contact the local permit office they will tell you what is needed .


Contractor’s Liscense - Posted by Paul Martinez

Posted by Paul Martinez on July 16, 2002 at 24:20:33:

To whom it may concern:

I am looking to get my contractor’s liscense. Where do I start? I live in Seattle WA, is there a certain website or well known online school that I can start with? Thanks in advance.


Re: Contractor’s Liscense - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 17, 2002 at 10:48:43:

Paul, I think I heard that for WA State, all you have to do is go down and take the test and pass it. I don’t believe schooling is required. My wife however is going to school to be a general contractor and she will start in September at Bates in Tacoma.

If you already have the background, or consider yourself smart enough for a test, you might start by looking at the state site and see what the testing requirements are.

Bates Technical College

Carpentry Class PDF File @ Bates

Washington State Requirements Page

Hope the above helps.

BTW, My wife just told me that a course is also available at Green River College also. She told me this as I told her you were from Seattle.