Contractor's price to build duplexs, help - Posted by James

Posted by Rich Holcomb on March 25, 2001 at 10:29:53:

I know a builder who is starting his fourth and fifth duplex in the last six months and he has approx. 50,000.00 per unit excluding land

Contractor’s price to build duplexs, help - Posted by James

Posted by James on March 25, 2001 at 24:35:05:

Was wondering if anyone has had any experiences at building duplexs. A nice brand new 2 story duplex 3bd, 1-1/2 baths no garage, is going for around $90-$105K. At what cost are duplexs built under retail, in other words how much do they cost in “your” area to build, excluding the price of the land. I assume its cheaper to have several built rather than one or two. Looking at profit margins here. Thanks

Re: Contractor’s price to build duplexs, help - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on March 25, 2001 at 20:33:31:

Depends on where you are in the country, and the size of your deal. I just got a price for 64 units in Tennessee at about $46 per foot which worked out to around $50,000 per unit.

NT

Re: Contractor’s price to build duplexs, help - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on March 25, 2001 at 11:06:48:

James, I work with one of the largest multi unit builders in my area. our prices, in the midwest are running about $50-60 per square foot. No basements. Your area will have slightly different prices. Just check with a few local multi unit builders to get a price range, but I don’t think you’ll be under $50 per foot plus land and development costs.
BillW.