Contracts for Florida - Posted by Phil

Posted by Rob FL on June 19, 2000 at 20:28:17:

Mine is nothing too fancy, just something I have developed over the course of several years of tweaking it.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Unless you want some REALTOR to see right through what you are doing, make the addendum look professional. Mine is in the same type fonts, format, headers, etc. as all the other addenda REALTORS use. The header of it says “Standard Rider No. 10”. That doesn’t really mean anything, but nobody ever seems to question it.

2. Figure out what you need to amend by using the addendum. No personal liability? Subject to inspection? Liquidated damages? Things like that. Get your clauses together. I had mine approved by a real estate attorney. Well worth it.

3. All this talk about disclosing my license status as a real estate broker. Where do you think I put it. Buried deep in the middle of my addendum along with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo. When the seller signs the addendum, then I disclosed it to him in writing. End of subject.

I hope that helps.

Contracts for Florida - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on June 18, 2000 at 19:41:32:

I’m trying to find a really strong purchase and sale for Florida with assignment and safety clauses. Does any one know where to find one? I’ld like something very simple to explain for more lower priced purchases. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Contracts for Florida - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on June 18, 2000 at 20:50:42:

I use the REALTOR’S FAR/BAR contract and my own “buyers” addendum. The FAR/BAR has a checkbox for assignability, mortgage contingency, inspection contingency, etc. The REALTOR’S see it and don’t balk. If you try and create some other gobledygook contract. Most REALTOR’S will think you just walked out of a Sheets or LeGrand seminar. That is what I have found anyway.

Re: Contracts for Florida - Posted by Jeff (FL)

Posted by Jeff (FL) on June 19, 2000 at 01:47:10:

Rob,

Any chance of getting a copy of that buyer’s addendum to the Florida FARBAR contract? I plan on using the same contract and I also knew I had to come up with a presentable version of an addendum. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Regards,
Jeff (FL)