Contracts - Posted by Kimberly

Posted by Terence on January 22, 2002 at 20:37:56:

I would appreciate alot if you can send them to me too. I’m also very green and those contracts would help. And those contracts you use are legal in nyc
terence@pcrealm.net

Contracts - Posted by Kimberly

Posted by Kimberly on January 22, 2002 at 24:02:37:

Hello all! I’m a newbie looking to start flipping houses, and I have a few questions. Where did you guys start in the way of contracts. An article written on this site said either an attorney, or a real estate agent. Since most of you have been there…done that, what do you advise? Also, do I need just a standard Real Estate contract? Do I need just one that I can take to a print shop (can you even do that?), or do they handle them in bulk for investers to purchase? Do I need to get them tailored to my type of investing? I hope these questions don’t sound too dumb. (A little I can deal with…lol!) I’m really curious about all this. I’ve been reading all I can about this subject and a little overwhelmed by it all (as you folks can probably tell by the questions). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Kim

Re: Contracts - Posted by c stamos

Posted by c stamos on January 23, 2002 at 01:09:23:

Hi,
I am a licensed Realtor in the state of Ohio. Based on what I know, I would be careful about using just any contract from different locales. The reason for this is that Real Estate ‘customs’ usually differ from area to area…for example, where I live, Taxes in my county are paid in arrears. To get contracts that are best for your area, contact your local board of realtors (probably called ‘anytown’ board of realtors). If you don’t know how to contact them, call any Real Estate co and ask them for the number. You can have a contract made specially for your needs, but I would contact an attorney for specifics on this just to safeguard things. Im sure you could have one tailor-made and mass-produced from a print shop. One thing I usually do is ad an addendum to my purchase contracts that usually give my buyers a couple of outs under certain circumstances (e.g. if property is in a flood zone, appraises less than purchase price, is infested w/ termites, limited roof life, etc).
If possible collect as many different contracts from different areas as possible so that you might be able to get ideas that you want to use, if applicable, on yours. Best of luck!!!

Re: Contracts - Posted by K.EDISON

Posted by K.EDISON on January 22, 2002 at 24:40:47:

Kim,

You are in the right place as a newbie creonline is the best place to start,read everything especially Steve Cooks how to articles on this site the guy is amazing.
As far as contracts are concerned I can e-mail you all the contracts you need to get started.

K.Edison

Youre absolutely right - Posted by K.EDISON

Posted by K.EDISON on January 23, 2002 at 03:40:53:

C Stamos you are absolutely right the contracts I have are standard contracts and they absolutely require an addendum. These contracts are good for submitting offers you may have to get other contracts for your locale but youll find out as you go along if a certain realtor requires a certain contract.

Re: Contracts - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on March 26, 2006 at 19:43:55:

I sure could use some help here as well. I am a newby, been reading a lot I have a bit of the peralisis going on. Just trying to get started out right.

Re: Contracts - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 05, 2002 at 10:08:42:

K.Edison, I wanted to thank you for sending the contracts. The Sales Contract did not come through. It is blank. If you could send just that one again I would be thankful.

Again thank you for your time.
Bob

Re: Contracts - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 01, 2002 at 04:09:31:

Mr. Edison I would very much appreciate you sending me your contracts also. I’m a newbie and would like to see how a professional does it right.
Thanks for taking the time.
Reprop1@aol.com

Bob.

Re: Contracts - Posted by ALLEN SHAW (NEWBIE )

Posted by ALLEN SHAW (NEWBIE ) on February 11, 2002 at 08:51:14:

Could you please email me this contracts you are emailing to Kim? I have the same questions that she has, in fact, I’m saving these valuable comments to my hard drive.

Here is my email. allenrshaw@hotmail.com

Re: Contracts - Posted by ALLEN SHAW (NEWBIE )

Posted by ALLEN SHAW (NEWBIE ) on February 11, 2002 at 08:49:23:

Could you please email me this contracts you are emailing to Kim? I have the same questions that she has, in fact, I’m saving these valuable comments to my hard drive.

Re: Contracts - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on January 28, 2002 at 20:42:23:

Can you e-mail them to me too? Thanks

Re: Contracts - Posted by Kim

Posted by Kim on January 22, 2002 at 01:05:38:

Sure, that sounds great…just send them to ladyzoot@yahoo.com …I’ve been reading so much my mind is overloaded with information…lol!
I don’t know if I’ve read any articles by Steve Cooks yet or not, but I’ll be sure to look him up. Thanks Again, This is very kind you.

Kim

You are in the right place as a newbie creonline is the best place to start,read everything especially Steve Cooks how to articles on this site the guy is amazing.
As far as contracts are concerned I can e-mail you all the contracts you need to get started.

K.Edison

Re: Contracts - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on March 26, 2006 at 19:38:50:

Could you e-mail me them as-well? Thanks