Convention and Russ Whitney - Posted by Ed

Posted by DanM(OR) on January 27, 1999 at 12:28:47:

I have Russ’ book. It is good and I would go along with Doris totally. Go to the convention!

Best of luck!

Dan

Convention and Russ Whitney - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on January 26, 1999 at 16:23:54:

I am a new guy. I have been reading these posts for about
3 months.
I am curious about the convention in Dallas. Will it be
worth going with no previous knowledge or should I take one of the advertised courses first? Russ Whitney is in my area
next week. Is it worth going to his seminar? From what I have read here it appears to be high pressure sales only.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Convention and Russ Whitney - Posted by Doris - Va.

Posted by Doris - Va. on January 26, 1999 at 17:05:49:

Yes – go to the Russ Whitney Seminar. When I went it was free (when I called to make a reservation). I enjoyed the presentation and feel I learned a lot about REI.

The second half was concerning a computer purchase and internet sales business. The only think I purchased was his book on REI for $13.00. I have read it twice and enjoyed it and feel it is a good learning tool.

Don’t get carried away. Make sure you leave your credit cards at home and carry less than $50.00 with you.

I believe attending at least one seminar and reading the book will introduce you to the “lingo” and you will have a general idea of what creative real estate investing is all about.

Then - go to the Convention in Dallas. At this point you will have your head full of disconnected facts and figures and you really don’t know how to put them to use. At the Convention you will meet the real experts and they will be teaching you what you need to know to get started. Also meeting and networking with other newbies like yourself will be an invaluble resource. All your questions will be answered by people who understand where you are coming from.

By plane - train - bus or car - GO-OOOOO!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! Doris - Va.