Convention Nerves?? - Posted by PJ in Fla

Posted by What do we have here? on February 22, 2000 at 03:27:11:

You see what this punk is calling you?? Seems as though he is just dying to fight… what do you think?

Convention Nerves?? - Posted by PJ in Fla

Posted by PJ in Fla on February 20, 2000 at 09:15:05:

I am so nervous and exited about the prospect of attending the upcoming convention (my first). As the date draws near I am getting butterflies just thinking about all the information that I 'll be taking in as well as all of the people I’ll be meeting.

Please tell me that I am not the only NEWBIE that feels this way. I think that I just need reassurance that I made the one of best decisions of “my upcoming real estate life”.

P.S. It doesn’t help that this is my first airplane ride as well!!!

PJ in F.l.a.

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on February 21, 2000 at 21:54:55:

I hate to fly to,I’m driving up from clearwater fl.
Long drive,about 8hrs but I can’t wait. Dan

Got my helmet ready… - Posted by PJ in FLA

Posted by PJ in FLA on February 21, 2000 at 14:27:06:

I feel a whole lot better after reading everyone’s reassuring words. I look forward to meet you all there. This is truly a great group of people.

PJ in F.L.A.

Re: You’re all just rying to make me jealous… - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 20, 2000 at 23:43:14:

…and it worked. Have fun, everyone!

Stacy

Grrrrr

Right there with ya PJ - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on February 20, 2000 at 21:55:50:

I too am a certifiable newbie who’s really looking forward to the convention. I’m gonna feel a bit intimidated I’m sure because I’ll quickly discover exactly how much I DON’T know. But that’s why we’re there, right?

I’m looking forward to meeting everybody, from the MH pros to all the flippers, L/O folks etc. I’ll be driving down Thursday from Detroit, 'cause I love to drive and the furthest straight “south” I’ve ever driven is Columbus, Ohio. So when I haul my large a$$ out of my small car on Thursday afternoon, I hope a cold one with my name on it will be in the bar somewhere (you reading this phil fernandez?) Am looking forward to learning a lot, and Looking forward to meeting you!!

Blane

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on February 20, 2000 at 20:26:57:

Can’t wait for the convention either!!! Yep, another newbie looking forward to the overwhelming influx of information! As for the plane ride-used to be a paratrooper for uncle sam…my only worry is Where ARE the Parachutes!

JEff :slight_smile:

Assume your CRASH positions! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 20, 2000 at 17:23:37:

P.J.,
Trust me here, this convention will be a blast.
Why?
Well, for starters, I’ll be there! (Just kidding Õ¿Õ)

The convention will be full of a mixture of levels of experience, but the one constant amoungst all is the open friendly atmosphere.

And, the BREAKFAST BUFFET!! wait, no, thats not why I’m going? is it?

Anyway,
The other good thing is that you will get to actually meet the authors of the books/courses you have read or heard about.
You may even get to discuss your deals with people face to face who have good ideas for you.
Bottom line is that this convention is going to be great, as were the previous ones.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Don’t sweat the plane ride either, they go straight up, level off for a little while, and then come straight down!
and you are in Atlanta.

Take a book or a Walkman with you, and keep yourself busy.
I’ll be sleeping on my plane ride, resting up for the late nights talking at the convention.

See you there,

Jim IL :-Þ

Not a newbie but still excited ! - Posted by Nancy Cason

Posted by Nancy Cason on February 20, 2000 at 16:09:01:

Last year was my first CRE convention. I go to at least one real estate investing seminar a year. Therfore, I have gotten over being excited by another one - or so I thought until last year. I was excited for a full month prior to leaving North Carolina for beautiful Dallas. Quess what, my seat mate on the plane was also going to the convention! We paired up for the entire seminar and it made it even more fun. This year I don’t feel the same tingle, but I am still very pleased to be going. I think I will only get more out of the second convention, because now I have read the post of a lot of the people I will be meeting and will get the joy of putting a face to the name.

Flying is not too bad, its the airports I hate. Long lines and delays.

SEE YOU THERE
NANCY

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on February 20, 2000 at 13:33:17:

Haven’t you seen my post wondering if I’m the only one flying from DFW Thursday morning. smile I hate to fly also, BUT I would almost crawl to get to Atlanta.
Last year the convention was held about 2 hours from my town. I got there early and sat in the lobby. I overheard one of the desk receptionist at the hotel ask the other one. Do ALL of these people know each other? I’ve never seen people friendlier at a convention.
That about sums it up. Everyone helping one another. You will NOT be sorry that you went and when it’s over, it’s like you have brain overload. You can’t wait to get home to do a deal. Then you start looking forward to the next one. Very addicting. One thing I will do is network more. Introduce yourself to everyone and hang on.
See you there,
Dee-Texas

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Teri IL

Posted by Teri IL on February 20, 2000 at 13:16:02:

I am a newbie also and have to say I am more than nervous… I actually think the flight to Atlanta is my biggest problem…havent flown since 1974 and swore I would never do it agian…but this convention is too exciting to pass up. I do know someone else that is going to be there but also am looking forward to meeting new people and learning as much as possible about investing.

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Ben Buckley_Seattle

Posted by Ben Buckley_Seattle on February 20, 2000 at 11:51:56:

Yeah I am also a little bit nervous. My name is Ben and I am flying all the way from Seattle by myself and I am hoping that everything goes smoothly as well. See you all in Atlanta.
Ben B.

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 20, 2000 at 10:46:57:

Yea, well, I’m driving this year ! hehehe and I have the butterflies about that ! Riding with my family for 12 hours… I SHOULDA FLEW !

Laure

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 20, 2000 at 09:51:01:

PJ,

I’ll admit that i have butterflies too! But believe me, it has NOTHING to do with the convention, it’s that darn plane ride that scares the ya know what out of me. This is my 2nd plane ride and I’m not looking forward to any second of it :slight_smile:

But, I am however VERY, VERY excited about the convention itself and meeting all of the wonderful people from this site.

So, see ya there!

CAREY

Let me concur with Phil… - Posted by Carol and Dennis FL

Posted by Carol and Dennis FL on February 20, 2000 at 09:38:13:

The atmosphere last year was anything but intimidating.

99% of the participantas could not be nicer, more open , friendly and helpful people. The 1% can be ignored or prayed for!

See you there.

Re: Convention Nerves?? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 20, 2000 at 09:31:12:

PJ,

Congratulations on coming to the convention this week in Atlanta. I can asure you that it will be the best 4 days of info and contacts that you will ever be exposed to in one place. Remember most of us will be arriving throughout the day on Thursday, Feb. 24 so there’s a lot of real estate talk going on on that day as well.

At last years convention I would say that one third were experienced investors, one third probably had done a few deals and the remaining third were new. What I saw last year were the experienced investors taking the newer folks under their wings and going out of their way to help.

This will be a very friendly group, all with a common passion, creative real estate investing. See you at the convention.

PJ- Your convention comments… - Posted by Garth

Posted by Garth on February 22, 2000 at 12:14:59:

Hello,

I saw your convention comments. I am in South Florida and I am wondering what convention you are referring to? Also are you in the South Florida area?

Garth

$100 dollar bill STEALTH marketing secrets revealed
http://www.enlowcircle.com/go/boom

Re: You’re all just rying to make me jealous… - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on February 22, 2000 at 21:29:46:

Stacy,

Sorry to hear that you can’t make it this year. I was hoping to run into you in the bar again, like last year. You made me feel welcome from the get-go. Maybe next year…

Rodney

Re: You’re all just rying to make me jealous… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 21, 2000 at 08:03:54:

Stacy,
I’ll be thinking of you at some point during the wee hours of the convention, knowing that you’re probably awake as well. As much fun as the convention will be, it can’t touch the feeling of rocking your newborn back to sleep. We’re the ones who should be jealous…

Re: You’re all just rying to make me jealous… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on February 21, 2000 at 24:47:41:

Don’t worry big boy - you’re not alone. I’m skipping this year also. :wink:

RL