Convention News Flash - Ed Garcia actually agrees with Ray Alcorn! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by George (OH) on February 28, 2000 at 12:46:51:

…there’s hope for world peace, after all!!! :slight_smile:

Convention News Flash - Ed Garcia actually agrees with Ray Alcorn! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on February 28, 2000 at 02:31:25:

Late Convention News Flash!

Time 12:45 am

In a heated and energetic discussion about establishing the value of income producing property the surrounding listeners were struck dumb with the totally unexpected capitulation and agreement by Eg Garcia to the remarks of Ray Alcorn!

The hush that came over the crowd standing nearby caused one person to actually swallow the “Cash Flow” game piece she was holding in her teeth!

Ed Garcia had actually agreed with Ray Alcorn after a long and windy exchange of complicated and somtimes garbled technical real estate terms and phrases.

After a full 30 seconds of stuned silence by the immediate witnesses, they spontaniously broke into cheers and shouts. They called for other convention attendees to come over to witness the momentus event!

Ever the humble investor, Ray Alcorn smiled to the applause of the onlookers, tipped his glass to the crowd and sat back regally in his chair.

Even Ed Garcia was struck speechless by the realization of what he had just done!

Everyone agreed, This would be a moment that would go down in CREOnline Convention History!

Immediate witnesses:

Terry Vaughan
Hal Roark
Jim Piper
John Bittle & Fiance
Eileen Unger
Marty (John Behle’s Nephew)

People who ran over, too stunned to believe:

Jim Rayner and Son
Dirk Roach
David Alexander
and many others too numerous to mention.

Re: Convention News Flash - Ed Garcia actually agrees with Ray Alcorn! - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on February 28, 2000 at 20:41:02:

I was there, I heard it! Ray, Terry, Ed, Jim and Hal had my brain on full tilt. What an excellant exchange of ideas.

I sure know more about Cap Rates and GRM then I ever knew before. Thanks guys, I couldn’t sleep that night. I had to run it through my head and get it all straight.
Ed, Ray, John Behle, Terry, Steve Cook and Jim Piper and many others…Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowlegde with me. I will always be grateful to you all.

I also wanted to take a moment to thanks JP, Jeanne Eileen and the whole host of others “behind the scenes” for the outstanding convention they put together this year. Each speaker gave out valuable information that will help me and many others do more deals this year. The dinner/dance was awesome; good food, good fun and great conversations. I just wish learning was this much fun and profitable when I was in school.

I also want to send my sincere thanks to the speakers: Ray Alcorn, John Behle, Bill Bronchick, Ed Garcia, Robert Kiyosaki, Ron LeGrand, Lisa Moren, Lonnie Struggs, Jeffery Taylor, and Terry Vaughan.

Thanks again, John Behle, for the outstanding “Abundance and Prosperity” workshop on thursday. Specialized knowledge without a strong desire to succeed and the intention to push forward even when faced with hardship and adversity will get me nowhere fast. Now I have all the pieces…now it is my turn to “take the quarters”… (you had to be there)… I deserve success, prosperity and abundance. So do you!

I will see you all next year.

Thanks again…

Sincerely,
John Bittel

PS: Terry, was the convention recorded and if so, will the audios be made available in the near future?

PPS: Terry, thank you for sharing the story of your grandmother during your closing speach. It was moving, inspiring, taken to heart and understood.

Terry, here’s a better answer! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on February 28, 2000 at 13:22:40:

The connection between by brain and mouth is still not functioning properly (I’m still spewing gibberish frequently), but it’s better today. The convention was an incredible experience, and the speakers were good, too. After spending hours talking to you, J.P., Piper, Alcorn, Cook, Roark, Roach, Alexander, Garcia, Fernandez, Rayner, Steve (Chicago), Renfrow, WilliamGA, Harry W., Kennedy, Henderson, Tarun, and all the others too numerous to mention, my brain was absolutely fried by Sunday evening.

Therefore, the simple question you asked which was something to the effect of ?did you learn some things? or ?did you enjoy yourself? was a relatively large challenge by that point, as I?m sure you noticed by the nonsense I blabbered forth. So, the answer is ?Yes, I learned a ton, had a great time, and met some incredible people.? I had very high expectations, and CREO exceeded them. Thank you.