Convention Planning - Posted by Dennis_Mo

Posted by Dennis_Mo on January 22, 2001 at 20:39:49:

This is one reason I keep comning back here.Thanks to you both for the info you impart to me.

Convention Planning - Posted by Dennis_Mo

Posted by Dennis_Mo on January 21, 2001 at 09:21:44:

We are pretty upbeat about attending the upcoming convention(we will attend if able) and would like to know all the particulars we can find out about.We reside in Kansas City,Missouri and have little knowledge as to the amenities we can have in Atlanta.We were concerned about renting cars,and having eateries close to where we will be.We will probably be in the tail end of the business we are starting and would like to get all our plans together so we will not go nuts.Any information would be extremely appreciated,so we can go ahead and plan to attend.

Re: Convention Planning - Posted by Jeff Short

Posted by Jeff Short on January 22, 2001 at 06:23:22:

Let me add to what Phil mentioned (coming from an Atlanta suburb resident).

If you need to go into downtown (for food, sights, nightlife, etc…), Atlanta does have a very good subway system called MARTA . Real simple to understand… and it runs regularly from the Airport.

Their website is www.itsmarta.com

Re: Convention Planning - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 21, 2001 at 09:52:00:

Dennis,

The Airport Marriott in Atlanta is only about one mile from the airport. There is an Airport Marriott shuttle bus that makes a regular loop between the airport and the hotel. No sweat even for a small town boy like myself.

There are two or three restaurants within the Airport Marriott and of course there’s a nice bar that also serves food.

Some went to downtown to look around. They took cabs. Lots of them handy right out the front door of the hotel.

Hope this helps from a guy that was down there last convention.

Re: Convention Planning - Posted by Dennis_Mo

Posted by Dennis_Mo on January 21, 2001 at 11:28:36:

Thank you for the prompt reply,Phil.I have been coming to this site for over 2 years now,and since my wife has gone nuts over the mobile home stuff(which i adhere to,too) I always appreciate the replies and info I see on here.