CONVENTION - Posted by MikeNY

Posted by BCat on January 31, 2002 at 02:55:57:

How about Las Vegas?

-Brian

CONVENTION - Posted by MikeNY

Posted by MikeNY on January 30, 2002 at 11:30:43:

I’m an absolutely a newbie…I’m still in what I can call my education/sponge mode. As far as the convention, I’m sold. NO worries regarding price, time or how great it will be. However, my birthday is the 23rd and I have a young family. I haven’t ran it by wife yet, I don’t know how she would feel about it but I don’t want to be away from them on my birthday. I know, I know boo hoo…

Bottom line… someone tell me there is another convention this year.

Mike

Personally… - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on January 30, 2002 at 13:02:58:

Personally I’m under the impression that the convention is to celebrate Mike’s birthday anyway. Isn’t it?

M

It is about this date every year anyway! nt - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on January 30, 2002 at 11:53:25:

nt

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 30, 2002 at 11:53:05:

Sorry, Mike. We have only one “annual” convention each year. I’m with Shawn… use your birthday as leverage :wink:

Mike, make the plans already… - Posted by Shawn MM

Posted by Shawn MM on January 30, 2002 at 11:39:03:

Mike,
Go to the convention, celebrate your bday when you get back. Just between you and me,…uh hemmmm,…if I were you I’d use my bday as leverage for my wife to “allow” me to attend.

:wink:

Shawn MM

Re: It is about this date every year anyway! nt - Posted by Joe Hardy

Posted by Joe Hardy on January 30, 2002 at 13:06:59:

Ok Mike:

I’ll spring for the cake, but you’re not getting a gift.

:slight_smile:

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by Melissa (CT)

Posted by Melissa (CT) on January 30, 2002 at 14:17:55:

Is the convention always in Atlanta or does it change every year?

Re: Mike, make the plans already… - Posted by MikeNY

Posted by MikeNY on January 31, 2002 at 09:39:14:

Thanks everybody. I’m going to log on tonight and show my wife the support I’m getting here. Hey, it’s not like I’m going fishing right??? This is a big step in the right direction.

I’m still pushing for a cake JP…

Anyway, about next years convention…think about NYC. We sure could use the business…

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 30, 2002 at 16:09:37:

This will be our 3rd year in Atlanta because the Marriott there is fantastic. We are, however, limited to 600 seats there, so we may consider another (bigger) location for next year. I have no idea right now.

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by Carl

Posted by Carl on January 30, 2002 at 16:54:54:

Can you be talked into a west coast location perhaps?

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by wil(socal)

Posted by wil(socal) on January 31, 2002 at 12:30:11:

Yeah, how about Las Vegas?

Re: CONVENTION - Posted by Cris(CA)

Posted by Cris(CA) on January 30, 2002 at 22:36:15:

A west coast location would be wonderful! Please!..

Vegas is not ideal because… - Posted by Alan in Houston

Posted by Alan in Houston on January 31, 2002 at 13:05:59:

The beauty of the convention is the networking that goes on. Newbies can talk to experienced players. I never went to bed before 5 am. The time was spent in the lobby of the hotel (a nice lobby for this)listening to Jim Piper, Ed Garzia, Jim Raynor, Phil Fernandez, Dirk Roach, HR, David Alexander and many more discuss REI. In Atlanta (also in Dallas a few years back)the focus of the group is on the one hotel. If we go to Vegas, there are way to many distractions. Many people would not realize that discussion groups were talking RE 24 hours a day.

My only complaint is the bar closes too early, and doesn’t have enough help for our group. I do not drink, but the discussions were fabulous.

Vegas sounds like a good idea, but the best part of this group is getting the people together in one place to exchange ideas, and Vegas would take away from that focus.

Just my $.02