We bought the entire Ron Legrande
course, but I just can’t find
what he said.

Thanks,

Neil Blatt

Re: Anyone remembers the “executive home” ad? - Posted by Dmitry

Posted by Dmitry on February 29, 2000 at 08:24:53:

Hi,

Did anybody write down the ad, that Ray Rock has running? I was sitting too far away to see it all… What did it say?

Thanks.

Dmitry

Ray Rach’s System - Posted by Rick W.

Posted by Rick W. on February 29, 2000 at 08:10:35:

Since I work in the office next to Ray’s and travel the entire country with him on weekends, I feel pretty qualified to speak about the way his business is set up.

Ray has his calls forwarded to an ANSWERING SERVICE, who takes the answers to a script we have developed. That script gives him quite a bit of information about the house, but more importantly, about the motivation behind the seller.

Once Ray receives the fax from the service, he contacts the sellers and seeks ways to solve the problem they have. (Believe it or not, we’re not in the Real Estate business, we’re in the “problem solving” business.)

He then creates a way to take title to the house with little if any money on his part, sells it, and goes on to the next one.

Ron, (with help from Ray and I) teaches a marketing seminar designed to get motivated sellers calling you. If you would like more info, e-mail me and I’ll get back with you.

GOOD LUCK

Rick W.

Re: Convention, Ron Legrand - Posted by Ray S(FL)

Posted by Ray S(FL) on February 28, 2000 at 21:52:34:

Neil,

If you bought the 3 modules that he offers then what is asked of the sellers/callers is on the tape series. It is on either the Lease option module or the seller financing. I believe that I would start with the Lease Option first. I believe that is the tape series where it is recorded.

Good luck to you!!
Ray S(FL)

Re: Convention, Ron Legrand - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on February 28, 2000 at 17:28:33:

As I recall, he doesn’t say anything. Rather, the calls go to an answering service, where they are pre-screened by the call-taker (he didn’t mention exactly what questions are asked). Then, at the end of every business day, the answering service faxes him a summary of the callers and their “qualifications,” presumably their motivation and reasons for selling. He then picks the most promising ones and calls them back. Is he the one who said he never calls a seller back unless they have called his answering service at least twice?

Brian (NY)

Re: Anyone remembers the “executive home” ad? - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on February 29, 2000 at 11:14:39:

Executive needs home to lease with an option to purchase.

Re: Ray Rach’s System - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on March 02, 2000 at 21:21:32:

what type of qualifying questions does he have the answering service ask? Does he do subject to or lease/options or both? Any details would be great.

Thanks
Brian

Re: Convention, Ron Legrand - Posted by Maggie

Posted by Maggie on February 28, 2000 at 17:55:19:

Brian,
Bronchick is the one who only returns the multiple callers desperate messages. Just thought I’d answer that little question for you.
By the way, you are correct on LeGrand’s answering service question, but my remark to his system is that it must be somewhat reliant on how detailed the messages left are from the callers. Perhaps this is yet another prescreen method; if they don’t take the time to leave details, they don’t get called back.

Re: Convention, Ron Legrand - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on February 28, 2000 at 19:07:43:

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the clarification. I knew one of the speakers made that comment; just couldn’t remember which one!

Not to nitpick, but it was Ray Rock, not Legrand, to whom the original poster referred, regarding the executive home ad. The benefit of his method was that the callers don’t get an answering machine. Rather, they get a live person at the answering service, who follows a script provided by Mr. Rock in obtaining information from the prospective sellers. I know I’ve heard of others who use answering services, though it seems as if it would be a lot of trouble to train the call-takers properly, not to mention having to pay the service. I think I’ll stick with my answering machine/voice mail!

Brian (NY)

Re: Convention, Ron Legrand - Posted by Maggie

Posted by Maggie on February 28, 2000 at 19:46:09:

Brian,
You are right again, sir. It was Rach.
The training and cost does seem a bit much (according to one of LeGrand’s tapes, the whole production from running the ad, then up to the service costs, adds up to something like $500 mo. total), but then again, you would get more detailed information through a “prompter” at the service than on a machine, plus skip a lot of hassle. I don’t know what I was thinking about that whole service thing, by the way. I knew about the whole script deal, but it slipped my mind and I became dim for a second.