Convention thank-you's - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by Lisa in Oz on March 01, 2000 at 11:44:50:

What a way to end the convention–you were great! Looking forward to hearing more from you in the coming months.

Lisa Charles
“Lisa in Oz”

Convention thank-you’s - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on March 01, 2000 at 11:28:56:

Hello all,

Well I am back in the office finally, and am just now able to look back on the convention with any kind of perspective. Most wonderful was the experience of putting faces with names, and spending so much time hanging out with good folks trying to be better folks. I was always told to stick with the winners, and it is sure easy to do when there are 450 in one place!

In a conversation with someone during the weekend, probably in the early morning hours before they ran us out of the bar, we shared this bit of insight. Real estate investing has by nature been a lonely game for most of us. It is secretive and fairly distrusting because of the competitive nature of the players. This forum, and the people that frequent here, has changed that for all time. We have a place that we can share ideas, insights and even the disappointments as we expand our experience. No longer are we relegated to always covering our own back as we wonder how much we can tell about a deal without cutting ourselves out of it. The power of the knowledge being shared here is infinite, and I am grateful to be a part of it. I have attended many conventions, seminars and meetings with some of the most successful people in the business, but nowhere have I found the real sense of camaraderie and can-do spirit as with this group. Thank you for including me in your numbers.

If I listed everyone here that I owe thanks to, the post would be six feet long. Each of you gave me something of yourselves, and for that I am forever grateful. I hope I returned the gift in sharing what my experience has been. If not, then I owe you! Thanks also to all that purchased my book on mobile home parks. That book is my first, and as such I know there are rough edges. I apologize for any mistakes that made it past the last minute editing, and would appreciate you letting me know of any errors that should be corrected before being printed again. My intent is to revise it until every suggestion is heeded. It will be available here in CREO as soon as we can all get back to work!

There are some people that I want to give special thanks to. It was so good to see those who have become friends over the past year and a half. On the top of the list is Ed Garcia? man, what a dynamo. My life has been made infinitely more exciting because of getting to know you. Thank you for being my friend. I would trust you with my life.

Terry and J.P. Vaughan have taken me under their wing and given me the vehicle and the encouragement to achieve dreams I didn’t even know I had. Thank you for making me one of your family. I hope I can carry my end of the log as we go forward together.

Jim Piper is my conscience come to life! It was so good to see you again, and I’ll vouch to Concetta that you were a perfect gentleman at all times. Well, almost? ! Your intellectual capacity is exceeded only by the size of your heart. For those who know you only through your posts, let me assure them that the wonderful human being that writes such wise words is in fact real.

John Behle, you set the standard I aspire to. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your time. The Abundance workshop on Thursday was a perfect lead-in to a great weekend of sharing and learning. As my brothers and I move into the paper business, we will not be strangers in Utah!

Many of you know that I brought my brother Ron with me for his first convention. For us, hanging out with Lonnie and Joanne Scruggs was like having part of our own family with us. Thank you both so much for your support and for being a mentor as I move through this world of seminars and books. These memories we are making will warm me for a lifetime, and I truly appreciate you making me aware that “these” are the good old days I will remember later. I look forward to our second mobile home weekend this fall. Your standards of conveying honest and practical advice in an easy to understand format will be our guidepost.

Finally let me thank all of you that talked and talked and talked! I enjoyed meeting every one of you, and wish for you all the success you desire. So many of you shared your hopes and dreams with me, and I felt privileged to be a small part of the process of bringing them to reality. I found a connection with a few of you that I know would keep us in touch across time and distance. You know who you are, let’s stay connected!

Now let’s get to work and do some deals!

ray

Re: Convention thank-you’s - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 04, 2000 at 16:29:51:

Thank you Ray. It was real nice getting to meet you and talk with you. There are those in life that are nice to be around because of the energy you feel. You’re one of those people.

I’d read your posts and concluded you must be really old because of the wisdom and experience there. You don’t look that old. Must be a “high miler” like me. Excellent presentation at the convention. Sorry I wasn’t in much more of a party mood. Would have been nice to get to know you better.

Thank you for your contributions here and at the convention.

Re: Convention thank-you’s - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on March 01, 2000 at 21:09:03:

Ray I saw you in Atlanta last summer and now you are on a roll buddy. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your info, I am sure it will be used by many. I personally look forward to your commercial newsgroup. Bring it on! You have obviously had you ups and your downs, your ups seem to agree with you. Good luck and keep writing and doing deals Ray, we need you. You were with a group of many players and many more want to be players and you gave us all a step ladder.

Re: Convention thank-you’s - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 01, 2000 at 18:30:25:

Hi Ray:

It was great seeing you again. Your “conscience come to life” huh? That one had me chuckling. Just wanted to mention that you are one fountain of information. That course of yours on mobile home parks is a classic! Lots of detail…right up my alley. And I suppose you know that many of your thoughts are applicable to all kinds of properties. When I’m finished I’ll give you some more feedback.

Meanwhile, I’m wondering how you got the energy to make that great post. I’m still trying to recoup! Good seeing you again my friend…I’ll look forward to the next meeting.

JPiper

Yes, thank you! (nt) - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 01, 2000 at 16:56:44:

nt

Re: Convention thank-you’s - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 01, 2000 at 14:08:06:

RA,
Does this mean you did in fact sign up for Utah in July? Steph, Kel, and I were pushing, but you were still wavering when we last spoke. I hope you did commit and I’m looking forward to sharing more war stories. Later, T

Re: Convention thank-you’s - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 01, 2000 at 13:10:42:

Mr. Alcorn,

Let there be no mistake that you are a true definition of the word CLASS.

I love ya Brother.

Ed Garcia