Cool Tool: Real Estate Sales Simulator - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on August 11, 2003 at 13:28:37:

Oops, I named the site and forgot to paste in the URL.

ray

Cool Tool: Real Estate Sales Simulator - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on August 11, 2003 at 13:11:16:

Hello all,

For those that don’t know me, I’m the host of the CRE Online Commercial Forum. I don’t get over here very often, but I ran across something that I wanted to pass along.

A frequent question about breaking into the real estate business is whether or not becoming a licensed real estate agent is a good route to follow to get started. Wherever you may stand on that issue, I think everyone will agree that real estate at every level does require sales and negotiating skills. Whether you’re getting a commission or a big fat check as an owner, the main thing is to get the deal done. Acquiring, developing and honing those skills is a lifelong process for me.

Recently I ran across a website that has a way cool tool for measuring sales and negotiating skills against those of top producers (>$150,000 per year) in the industry. The site is RealEstateCoach.com, and they offer a free trial of their Real Estate Sales Simlulator.

The site is a resource for sales training, seminars, technology, etc., in numerous fields, one being real estate. To access the simulator, go to the Real Estate Coach home page, look for the section titled “Featured Products”, and click on “Test Your Real Estate IQ”.

The test takes about an hour, and is a state of the art interactive application. It uses video clips of buying/selling role playing with a live buyer(s). As you answer the questions, the next scenario changes depending on what choice you made in the previous segment. It’s geared for residential real estate sales, but the techniques and decision making skills measured apply to all forms of dealmaking.

After you complete the test, you will be given a detailed analysis of your skills, and how you measure against top RE producers. I think it gave a very realistic representation of actual sales situations, and for anyone who is wondering if being an RE agent is something they may be good at, or a look at the sales process for your own properties, this is a great way to get a taste of what it is all about.

I know this sounds like an adverstisement, but I have no involvement with the site, nor do I receive any compensation from any of their products. I took the test and was impressed with the quality of the production and the depth of the feedback, so I wanted to pass it along.

Have fun!

ray

Too cool. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 11, 2003 at 18:26:33:

This is a great site. Thank you, Ray.

The first thing I checked out was “The Top 10 Ways to Beat the Competition to the Punch” at

http://realestatecoach.com/toptenlists/agent/asab_b4.html

The direct link is… - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on August 11, 2003 at 16:20:58:

http://realestatecoach.com/featured/simulator.html