Corporation Naming Strategies - Posted by Rich [GA/FL]

Posted by raelynn mitchell on April 07, 1999 at 21:30:52:

but when I got a cell phone for my husband, I asked if there were any numbers that ended in 6683. The guy said “Yes.”

His cell phone is 712-NOTE.

Rather interesting concept, especially when you take it to another level and think of all the ones you’d like to spell but are already taken. There’s a new area code opening up in our SoCal area, and thus all those previously unavailable vanity phone numbers will be up for grabs in the new area code.

Not really a big deal, but I like to place an ad with a catchy number. That way, if a friend of someone happens to read the ad and then talk to that friend later, they just might remember the number. (Maybe it’s a long shot, but I remembered a catchy phrase once and actually passed it on to someone else later in the day because the number spelled something.)

Now I KNOW I’m losing it . . . !

April 17th there’s a new area code opening in the L.A. area. I plan to get the number remote forwarded to an answering service that will take the calls.

Corporation Naming Strategies - Posted by Rich [GA/FL]

Posted by Rich [GA/FL] on April 06, 1999 at 11:12:07:

I’m getting ready to form my first corporation and was wondering what everybody out there thinks about strategies for coming up with a name. Do you want one that is short and sweet (easier/quicker to fill out contracts), or one that is more descriptive, or one that may be catchy and easy for people to remember? Here’s my ideas so far…

Creative Home Ownership, Inc
Creative Real Estate Ownership Solutions, Inc
Creative Home Acquisition and Ownership Solutions, Inc (CHAOS)
Creative Home Buying, Inc
Home Buying Solutions, Inc
Home Buying and Selling Strategies, Inc (H-BASS)
Home Ownership Solutions, Inc

???

I’m looking forward to your creative input! Thanks…

– Rich –

Be professional. - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on April 06, 1999 at 22:10:14:

I would go for something very professional and sophisticated like, Homes-R-Us. Heh Heh

Re: Corporation Naming Strategies - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on April 06, 1999 at 17:05:14:

Rich,

Call your secretary of state and ask them to send the Corp packet if you don’t already have one. In my state, OR, you can not use the words Mortgage or Real Estate (I think) unless you are licensed. Their are certain restrictions in some state as to what can be in your Corp name. Check it out with the Secretary of your State.

Good Luck!

Dan

Re: Corporation Naming Strategies - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on April 06, 1999 at 12:57:06:

It really doesn’t matter what you call it, you can always use a DBA just like a person, or here in Illinois you can use any number of tradestyles you want as long as in mouse print you put “a division of MyCorp ,Inc.”

I would avoid the “Creative” thing because to the un-educated it tends to mean “squirrely” … I’d also avoid the “Buyer/Owner” words … cause I would guess you’ll do more marketing on the sell side if you’re retail.

Just my $0.02

BTW, mine is Osprey Investments, Ltd. … yes there is a story behind it, but it isn’t very interesting. An Osprey is a bird of prey on the small side.

Cell Phone Numbering Strategies - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on April 06, 1999 at 13:04:24:

As you probably know, when you get a cell phone, they let you pick your telephone number from a list of those allocated to the dealer where you bought the phone.

Well, I had too much time on my hands when I got my last phone, so I spent about five minutes looking for words and acronyms … I finally settled on 212-5668 … which is 212-LOOT! LOL … I don’t put that on my cards though:)

Just a musing … nothing of real significance

Hank

I really get annoyed by that. - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on April 07, 1999 at 21:37:36:

Numbers are easy to find on the key pad, but spelling something is a real pain. I hate when someone advertises their number with a spelling. Just my pet peeve? Don’t know.
Michael Murray