Corpus Christi, TX - Posted by Boston88

Posted by Steve Mfalls Tx on July 14, 2005 at 15:27:43:

. Are you looking North Beach front or Bayside or Padre island beach area???
Grew up there.Lived there over half my life.Its been 3 years since last visit. I,m going down there weekend after next…Its definately a beautiful city…I,ll take a look around.Will let you know what I see in city changes,growth,etc.I,ve been looking into houses down there myself…
Steve

Corpus Christi, TX - Posted by Boston88

Posted by Boston88 on July 13, 2005 at 20:39:39:

I’m looking at a few condos near the water in Corpus Christi, TX. I’ve done my research on the area and feel somewhat comfortable for my buy/rent/hold gameplan.

I would appreciate any inside info, good or bad, on this area. Thanks.

Re: Corpus Christi, TX /info - Posted by SteveMfallsTx

Posted by SteveMfallsTx on July 26, 2005 at 15:27:11:

Boston88…Hi just got back from my trip to cc…Citys had alot of growth…
Condo prices vary from 38000 on up to 250000 depending on which area,size,age…You are right about the miltitary down sizing. They are closing the Ingelside base on the east side of the CC bay.Should,nt hurt the west side though since thats CC area…
Talked to the woman we rented our Condo from. She bought some last yearat 25000 each. They are going now for around50K. This particular condo was on North beach.Good for tourists since its right near The Stae Aquarium and USS Lexington.Just would,nt be my first choice. I would prefer something closer to padre island aera or even Bay area (Shoreline Drive).I did not get a chance to drive the Padre island area but could tell just by looking at a city map that alot has changed as far as size. My brother who lives there said its constanly changing…
They are doing alot of renovation in the Downtown Marina area.Major road renovations and Seawall repair.Looks like it hurt some smaller biusnesses but once those repairs are done things will bounce back for that part of CC…
I picked up a couple local realtor brochures and can send them your way if you would like.Just let me know where to send them.
Steve