Correct Real Estate Form - Anyone Help - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by Jimbob on December 18, 1998 at 14:02:33:

John,

You must have been talking to some serious DORK at the publishing company! What you are looking for is a “Purchase and Sale Agreement” for buyers and sellers to buy and sell real property.

This is the most standard form there is out there, if they dont have it go to a legal publications store or your local real estate office to pick one up.

This is part of the price we pay for a very low unemployment rate, burger flippers acting as legal consultants, where does it end???

Jimbob

Correct Real Estate Form - Anyone Help - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on December 18, 1998 at 13:48:10:

I just went to a Publishing Company here in Denver and asked for a Purchase Agreement form. They didn’t know what I was talking about. They have every real estate form imaginable but this was new. They tried giving me a Lease/Option form and I told them this wasn’t it. Now I got a ‘Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate’ form because I was told by them this is what I needed. I keep hearing out here about a Purchase Agreement. I even asked for a Lease/Purchase Agreement form with no success. So my question is: What is the exact name of the form investors use to tie up a property to find a buyer. Thanks.

Call a real estate broker… - Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr.

Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr. on December 23, 1998 at 18:11:29:

You may copy this if you wish… But a broker will usually fill on out without mistakes for a few bucks…

Re: Correct Real Estate Form - Anyone Help - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on December 19, 1998 at 11:42:32:

The local purchase agreement is published by Bradford Publishing in Denver. If you join our local real estate investment association (Call 303-448-4901), you get it for free on disk in Word format.

Re: Correct Real Estate Form - Anyone Help - Posted by rudy-tx

Posted by rudy-tx on December 19, 1998 at 03:33:34:

call the Colorado real estate commission and see if they have one or see “Wm Bronchick” (he is from Co) to buy his.

Varies from state to state - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 18, 1998 at 19:38:15:

The name of the form that is standardly used varies from state to state. For example, in Utah the standard form is called the REPC which stands for Real Estate Purchase Contract. It used to be called an “Earnest Money Receipt and Offer to Purchase”.

I HIGHLY recommend checking out your state approved form before attempting to use another. You can get a copy of that through the board of realtors or most any agent. In most states, the agents are required to use the state approved form.

Re: Correct Real Estate Form - Anyone Help - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on December 18, 1998 at 14:20:39:

Well, a “purchace Agreement” basically is a contract to buy and sell real estate. The buyer is contracting to buy, and the seller is contracting to sell.