Cosmos Canada - Posted by SUBORDINATION : squeeze CASH deal question?? is this possible?

Posted by Mark-NC on February 19, 2000 at 09:52:20:

Cosmos,
If you put 20k down and have the seller hold a note, it will be in a first position. If it is recorded It will be in a first position. So when you go to the bank they will see the lien. And you won’t be able to borrow on it unless you own it. But before you own it you will have to close in order to close you will need your down payment.

Another problem, you will hurt yourself if you could do it. You will have a property that is over financed and you may not be able to cover the mortgage payments with the rent. And if you ever needed to get rid of it you will have a real hard time.

Sorry it doesn’t look good to me…maybe someone else can help.

Mark

Cosmos Canada - Posted by SUBORDINATION : squeeze CASH deal question?? is this possible?

Posted by SUBORDINATION : squeeze CASH deal question?? is this possible? on February 19, 2000 at 09:35:02:

Like my Art?

ok here it is:
(is this possible?)…

Home is worth 100K.

I offer owner price of 100K. …: 20K as down payment, owner to carry 80K as prom or second.

I go to bank and borrow 60K (or more) as a first. Give the owner his 20K, and keep 40K.

Rent or Sell the Prop. out.

I just squeezed 40K!

or do you think there will be trouble with the paper work when dealing with the bank?

Thanks!

Cosmos Canada

Re: Cosmos Canada - Posted by The Donald

Posted by The Donald on June 21, 2000 at 23:06:35:

Where are you in Canada? This type of subordination deal will be noticed - if you’re upfront. If not, then it’s a different ballgame - and not moral, nor legal for that matter.

You might want to look at other type of Creative RE, like L/Os and so forth instead.

Re: Cosmos Canada - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 19, 2000 at 10:16:53:

Have you figured out the cash flow to feed $140K in liens on this $100K property?

-Chris