Cost of moving a trialer? - Posted by Scott AZ

Posted by David Alexander on October 25, 2000 at 24:30:59:

It depends. Is it going to the city or the county?

If your real good at counting costs and by the time add everything up you could possibly get it down to as little $1500… but a safer bet would be to count on $2500 for your first one and you’ll do good to average $2000 thereafter when you get a feel for it.

David Alexander

Cost of moving a trialer? - Posted by Scott AZ

Posted by Scott AZ on October 24, 2000 at 21:05:43:

On average what is the cost of moving a mobile home? I’ve come across many deals (mostly from dealers) where i could get a MH really cheap. But I’m hesitant about the cost incured in moving the darn thing, could it eat my whole profit margin.

Re: Cost of moving a trialer? - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on October 25, 2000 at 24:38:31:

I pay about $600 for a mover to just move a home and block and level at the new location. Then another $500-$600 to get utilites hooked up including material. Then I always put on new skirting cause it looks great, another $400 including installation. If there is central AC, hopefully they can stick the unit in the back door. Otherwise, they have to disconnect and its another couple hundred to recharge the lines. I just figure about $2k total to be safe, although I’ve tried beating this number down by doing some of the work myself, but always realize it wasn’t worth it, should have just paid someone to do it all.

Make sure your mover has insurance.

Karl Kleiner