Could someone Get walked thru a Total R.E investment process Just by posting on This site? - Posted by Rocker Fella

Posted by Lori Samson on May 20, 2000 at 24:18:17:

When you are shopping for a mentor be careful about what type you are getting. I took the Carlton Sheets years ago and got nothing from the hired mentors. Remember that a lot of really big investors don’t have the time to mentor anyone themselves. They hire investors to man the phones. How much can a person afford to pay someone who is really successful in real estate to sit on a phone all day a mentor ‘newbees’? They are usually halftime investors that are supplimenting their income by working the phones. Find someone who will commit to some one on one with you and won’t pawn you off on a hired hand. You shouldn’t have to pay more than 1000. to get a course and 6 months to a years worth of mentoring. The really exspensive mentors like Claude Diamond should be reserved for when you have a lot of experience and can maximize the time you spend with him. We mentor on the lower end of the scale and we still do everything ourselves. I don’t plan on ever hiring someone to do it for us. I’ll just have to put people on a waiting list before I would hire it out. I think we get to big and lose the little guy starting out. I still remember too well my beginning and hope to never forget it!! I was lucky to have had a good mentor and friend! Lori

Could someone Get walked thru a Total R.E investment process Just by posting on This site? - Posted by Rocker Fella

Posted by Rocker Fella on May 19, 2000 at 16:17:39:

Could someone Get walked thru a Total R.E investment process Just by posting on This site? Can they get answers in a step by step on a daily basis just as they are doing the deal?

Re: Why Not! BUT… - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on May 19, 2000 at 17:26:40:

I think that you could if you wanted, but you run the risk of bad or poor advise. On the other hand you can get great advise from novist and experts. I think your greatest possibility to do a good deal is to get mentored by someone who knows what they are doing. It would be fun to walk it through on the internet but I think that it could cost you time in waiting for responses when you could be out there doing deals.I was working with a guy from ‘Down Under’- Austrailia (did I spell that right- Any AUSSIE’s out there—Sorry)on the Rich Dad forum about a house he had and they changed the chat room and we dropped off the forum and made direct contact with each other. I think we could have completed the deal in the chatroom if the forum wouldn’t have chaged sites. Give it a try but don’t depend on it for success. Lori

Where do I get a mentor? - Posted by Rocker Fella

Posted by Rocker Fella on May 19, 2000 at 19:00:14:

Where can I get a mentor and how much can I expect to pay?