Could this work (a lot of potential)? - Posted by andyofindy

Posted by angela on October 15, 2003 at 08:04:20:

I just took the seminar for these types of transactions…hi… hows life been? real estate now?
Ang =)

Could this work (a lot of potential)? - Posted by andyofindy

Posted by andyofindy on October 09, 2003 at 12:00:32:

I live in a small town of about 10K in Indiana, and I have a friend who has about 15 houses, and sold them on land contract. He has mentioned to me in the past that he needs some cash (has 4 young daughters), and I was thinking that if I could help him liquidate some of those land contracts, I could not only help him, but help myself!

Also, the guy he buys his houses from, has other investors he finds houses for, and then they sell on land contract as well. If I could help Charlie (my friend), that could open the door to all these people, right?

Anyway, I’m interested in helping these people get cash for their land contracts, but I need to know the EXACT STEPS TO TAKE to help these people out. I’m familiar with Winning in the Cashflow Business, but I have more respect for those of you on this board who are in the trenches everyday doing the actual note investing.

I don’t currently have the cash to invest in these notes myself, so I’d like to start out brokering these notes until I do have the cash to invest for myself. So if any of you have some tips for making this all come to fruition, I’d appreciate it, and remember… I never forget those who go out of their way to help me.

Feel free to email me any time (or reply to this post).

Thanks!!

Yep! Paper Into Gold - Posted by David Butler

Posted by David Butler on October 16, 2003 at 19:18:36:

Hello Andy…

Hey… sounds like you are in a perfect position to turn some paper into gold!

And you’ll be glad to know that the answers you are looking for have been covered ad infinitum right here in this Forum! The most pointed advice, and really the best in my view - is something we have stated many times right here… including at the tail-end of the recent reply “Investing In 2nds” (discussion applies to all notes too) at: http://www.creonline.com/cashflow/wwwboard3/messages/15554.html

Learn about notes, then learn about the note business.
Then plan your own efforts, as discussed most recently, in the reply “Growing Your Food Chain…” http://www.creonline.com/cashflow/wwwboard3/messages/15461.html

To get into greater detail with regard the mechanics of the note business itself… you’ll find several very good courses right here in CREONline’s bookstore; both introductory, and more advanced material. Even better, is the ton of FREE detailed information right here already existing in this Forum. So be sure to take advantage of that too.

By the way, I am a bit perplexed by your paradoxical observation… “I’m familiar with Winning in the Cashflow Business, but I have more respect for those of you on this board who are in the trenches everyday doing the actual note investing.” - for several reasons.

First… I have reviewed the several editions of WITCFB extensively, and the last two in particular are as good of a “step-by-step” introductory course to the note business as any I’ve been recommending over the past ten years?! Secondly, having worked on a variety of note deals, as well as other business transactions with its “dealmaking” author… well, it appears you may not be familiar with either the course or its author? So curious as to how that observation worked its way into your inquiry here?

In any event, following the suggestions above should put you in pretty good shape to turn that paper you are looking at into some nice profits for yourself! So best wishes for your success in doing just that!

David P. Butler