Countrywide Home Loans - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Brandon on May 11, 2006 at 08:19:31:

I currently have 2 mortgages through Countrywide. Everyone’s situation is different but, when I was first starting out, they gave me the most “bang for my buck”. They’re underwriting was somewhat lenient. They allowed a high debt to income ratio. Their closing costs were and still are extremely reasonable.

Their customer service has been good for the 3 years that I’ve had their loans.

So, basically, I have nothing bad to say about them. But, you have to look at them as well as other lenders and decide who is best for your situation.

Countrywide Home Loans - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Patrick on May 10, 2006 at 21:14:10:

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Countrywide Home Loans?

Good and Bad - Posted by Judah hardmoney Hoover

Posted by Judah hardmoney Hoover on May 11, 2006 at 20:07:03:

The first thing you need to do is find a good mortgage broker. I used to do about $4 to $6mill with them a month (not a year? a month) they are a great company. If you have good credit they will get creative with income regulations, provided you don?t try to borrow above 80%LTV. Who are you and why are you borrowing? If you are borrowing for your house? great use them and be happy. If you are doing more then one investment property then start a relationship with a mortgage broker and local bank. I cant think of a reason investors would use Quicken, Ditech, lending tree, country wide or any thing like them. Remember when you are shopping for anything you get price OR advise you never get both. Pay a little more use a local bank or local mortgage broker who has access to banks, hardmoney and national wholesale lenders like Countrywide.

FYI I only stopped using them because they started marketing to MY borrowers on the backend. They are good for homeowners but there are better choices for investors.
judahh@myinnovativeloan.com