CPA & RE Attorney in MARYLAND - Posted by James (MD)

Posted by Ken on July 10, 2003 at 07:06:02:

Hi, Nate:

I went to this site and can’t find any annual fee. Maybe I’m reading it wrong?

CPA & RE Attorney in MARYLAND - Posted by James (MD)

Posted by James (MD) on July 02, 2003 at 23:54:06:


I’m ready to start, but I want to make sure I have all the ducks in a row before incurring unneccessary taxes. Are there any forum posters/lurkers who know of a good CPA and/or RE Attorney in Maryland? I’m in the Annapolis area, but would travel to find a good one.

I need a CPA to advise me on whether to start an ‘S’ corp or LLC. I’m leaning toward ‘S’ corp because I’d like to buy and hold as much as possible and would like to pass company ‘losses’ onto my personal returns (I’m in a high tax bracket). From what I’ve read, rental property depreciation is a biggie to take away any ‘profits’ you get from positive cash flow on the rentals.

I need a good RE lawyer (one who doesn’t think ‘subject to’ or creative financing is ILLEGAL) to review some contracts I received in John $Cash$ Locke’s subject to manual. I want to make sure they’re good for MD and and add whatever I need to to make them water tight here.

THANK YOU for any assistance you can give me!

-James in MD

Re: CPA & RE Attorney in MARYLAND - Posted by Dan (MD)

Posted by Dan (MD) on July 04, 2003 at 08:36:15:

I have found both but in Southern Maryland (just over the Solomons bridge) it’s about an hour twenty from annapolis.

I’m actually coming up your way tonight for Fireworks over the bay :slight_smile:

I’ll also be going to Baltimore next week to meet JHyre, if you don’t have his course I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Give me a call if you want to talk 240-925-5566

btw I’m doing Lonnie style Mobile home flips down here


Re: CPA & RE Attorney in MARYLAND - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 03, 2003 at 07:41:01:

The MAREAI is a REIA in Baltimore. Some of the members should be able to suggest local help. In fact, I’ll be at the next meeting a week from today. In re holding: I normally recommend LLCs, which offer a cleaner pass-through than S-corps - see my article on the subject. MD has or shall impose a $300 annual fee on LLCs, I don’t know if it applies to S-corps there.

John Hyre

Re: CPA & RE Attorney in MARYLAND - Posted by James (MD)

Posted by James (MD) on July 03, 2003 at 18:04:49:

Thanks! Wow, you’re going to be in MD? You live in Ohio? :slight_smile:

I’ll be there!

LLC fee? - Posted by Brian(md)

Posted by Brian(md) on July 03, 2003 at 08:37:51:

There is a fee here for the LLC in Maryland? I got one set up for $50. I don’t know about this fee that might be comming up, when will I expect to see that? Is the state going to bill me?

Re: LLC fee? - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 03, 2003 at 08:55:57:

You need to send it in when you file the annual Personal Property Tax return for the LLC. If you don’t, the LLC will become invalid.