cracked slab recommendation - Posted by bob

Posted by Bob on May 24, 2006 at 21:49:49:

yah, I hear you. It’s just such an nice property in a great location. Got views and on a third-acre. Hey, that’s a lot around here. :slight_smile:

cracked slab recommendation - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on May 24, 2006 at 19:44:42:

I am looking at a SFR that has a cracked slab. The seller agrees to repair. How much of a percentage does this affect the price? I haven’t gotten a repair estimate. I know it will affect re-sale, but I want to be able to get in as low as possible. The house has been on the market for six months. Original list price was 620k, now reduced to 580k. Thanks.

Re: cracked slab recommendation - Posted by Al-Ct

Posted by Al-Ct on May 25, 2006 at 17:11:57:

Cracked slabs are usually not a big problem.
Cracked foundation can be. Don’t expect a big discount if its just a settling crack. (Just my oppinion) Al

Re: cracked slab recommendation - Posted by arlanj

Posted by arlanj on May 25, 2006 at 08:57:32:

Every concrete truck has a crack in it.

All concrete cracks.

I’d go for a “deep” discount… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 25, 2006 at 06:07:28:

no pun intended. After getting an estimate or 2 or 3, I’d want more of a discount that the cost of correction for 2 reasons, 1. to cover my time and profit, and 2. to cover unexpected costs, which are almost surely to occur when doing a major correction like this. To me if the correction costs $50,000, I’d want a $150,000 discount.

Re: cracked slab recommendation - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 24, 2006 at 21:47:16:

Yes, it can be fixed, & if done right can be better than new. However, in a buyer’s mkt, why take on a property w/a problem? That discount is insignificant.

Tye

Hoover Dam Don’t have cracks nt - Posted by Clarence

Posted by Clarence on May 25, 2006 at 19:25:08:

nt

Re: I’d go for a - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on May 25, 2006 at 14:18:18:

Ok, now we’re talking. That is what I have in mind, a deep discount. Now, I could you the typical offer of 70% of FMV after repairs. That may be a better way to approach it.