Craigslist? - Posted by Kylee

Posted by Joe on April 26, 2006 at 11:27:51:

I bought a scanner off someone on craigslist. I think I paid $10 for it. Seems to work fine.

Never purchased 100s of $ks worth of real estate on there though :slight_smile:

Craigslist? - Posted by Kylee

Posted by Kylee on April 26, 2006 at 11:22:04:

I put a fixer condo (denver area) on Craigslist this morning. Has anyone any good or bad experiences with Craigslist? Is anybody on that site for real?
THANKS!

Re: Craigslist? - Posted by matx

Posted by matx on April 26, 2006 at 23:16:45:

It works very well with both rentals and sales (much better than newspapers), but it depends on the market. Works better in the areas with a more techie, educated, Internet-savvy population. I use it in multiple citie and states.

Re: Craigslist? - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on April 26, 2006 at 13:17:57:

Kylee:

I do rentals in NYC and started using CRAIGSLIST about 2 years ago after a relative mentioned good experiences in San Francisco. I rented out an apt 2 months ago, and the breakdown of the cost vs responses are:

NY Times/ $200.00 for one Sunday ad /Zero response
Newsday / $167.00 for 10 days /over 90-100 responses (I stopped taking info after 100 responses)
CRAIGSLIST/ Free (have to resubmit every 2 days) /15 responses

This compares to two years ago:

NY Times /2 to 3 responses
Newsday / About 100
CRAIGSLIST / 2

For the cost and the results, it can’t be beat. I don’t know how good it’ll be in your neighborhood.

I got solid professionals through them, where most of them surf the WEB at work at looked at me fummy when I asked them what paper they read. They don’t read newspapers.

This compares to the the lower quality applicants coming through Newsday as the ads also appear in “Hoy”, a Hispanic paper, and “AM”, a free paper handed out at street corners. When I say low quality, I mean less income and more credit issue folks.

Frank Chin

Warning! - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on April 26, 2006 at 13:16:05:

Don’t go to Craiglist.com…didn’t put in the ‘S’ and got a website that was a bit , uh, different than I imagined. Oops!

Re: Craigslist? - Posted by Brian_wa

Posted by Brian_wa on April 26, 2006 at 12:53:59:

I bought two houses off Craigslist. Made 32k on one (total time was only 2.5 months to buy, fix, then sell) and currently selling the other. Should be making the same amount on this one as well.

Brian

Re: Craigslist? - Posted by Adam-MI

Posted by Adam-MI on April 26, 2006 at 12:07:26:

I sold my motorcycle on there just this past weekend.

Re: Craigslist? - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on April 26, 2006 at 11:53:22:

I’ve listed several mobile homes and houses for sale on Craigslist and actually got written offers from across the country. Just screen your buyers the same way you would with any other advertising before you take it off the market.

good luck,

Anne