CRE convention - some helpful information - Posted by J. Swindell

Posted by J. Swindell on February 27, 1999 at 17:16:03:

Glad to help, look forward to meeting you. J.Swindell

CRE convention - some helpful information - Posted by J. Swindell

Posted by J. Swindell on February 27, 1999 at 08:25:53:

Please pardon me, but hopefully this will assist CRE convetion goers with questions about transportation to the hotel. I live in Arlington, TX and I can tell you from personal experience that between 9am to 3pm the DFW airport is aprox. 30 min to the convention hotel, before and after it may take up to 1 hr to reach the hotel because of the traffic at those times. At the air port, you can easily catch transportation via shuttle bus [or rent a car] to the hotels. Once at the hotel you can get cabs or rent cars. The convention hotel is midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth. If you plan to sight see, then you would most likely want to visit Dallas & Ft. Worth. For sight seeing I suggest renting a car. It would be expensive to take a cab to Dallas or Ft. Worth from the hotel. Dallas & Ft. Worth are each aprox. 20-30 min. from the hotel [in good traffic on the freway & much longer in the early am & after 3 to 6:30pm]. To give you a better picture of the area, if you looked at a map, DFWairport , Dallas, & Ft. Worth are in a triangle formation, with the DFW airport at the top [north], Dallas at the east angle and Ft Worth at the west angle. The convention hotel in Arlington lies directly between Dallas & Ft Worth. I hope this helps. Oh, by the way, our weather changes rapidly, could be 80 degrees or 40 degrees, sun or rain or humid, we never know till a few hours before, but it has been quite pleasant here the last 2 weeks. Although I am newbie to real estate investing I do know the DFW area and I would be glad to answer any questions I can. I’m looking forward to meeting all of you at the convention. J.Swidnell, jdandjs@aol.com

Re: CRE convention - some helpful information - Posted by Paris

Posted by Paris on February 27, 1999 at 10:48:14:

Thanks J.

I am sure this info allows othere as well as my self,a sense of comfort. Texans have always been friendly and helpful to me,which will this convention and learning experience a win-win for all involved.

Thx again ~~~Paris n Baton Rouge