Creative offers with listed houses - Posted by osirus

Posted by Rob FL on March 22, 2000 at 20:23:59:

Michael can you elaborate a little more. I have tried this approach several times to no avail. The listing broker doesn’t get quite as excited as Bob Hope did below, but they always make some kind of excuse. “The seller wants to deal directly through our office.” “The seller is hard to get a hold of.” “The seller is out of town a lot.” etc., etc.

Of course most of the MLS offers I make are on vacant houses. Very few are actually owner-occupied. And I certainly wouldn’t want to p*ss the listing agent off by dealing with the owner occupant behind is back.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Creative offers with listed houses - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on March 22, 2000 at 12:45:50:

One of the basic foundations of creative real estate investing is finding what the sellers sellers problems are; then finding a solution to those problems which allows the investor to make a profit in the process. This requires having conversations with the seller, gaining their trust, finding out what their needs are, then structuring an offer that meets the sellers needs and allows me to profit.

Can this be done on realtor listed homes? How can I gain trust and find out what their needs are if can only deal with their listing agent and not with them them directly?

Here is a real life example:

3bd/2ba, 2 car garage, 2 story, excellent area, cul-de-sac ARV $130,000, The listing agents comments say there is an owner financed assumable loan of $94,000.

How can I get the information I need to make the most out this potential deal?

Re: Creative offers with listed houses - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 22, 2000 at 14:11:37:

Insist that your purchase offers be presented to the seller only in your presence or the presensce of your buyers broker who represents you and not solely through the listing (sellers) agent otherwise the contract will be considered null and void…

In other words try to fight your way to get in front of the decision makers.

Michael Morrongiello