Creative Selling - Posted by Java

Posted by David (TN) on May 12, 1999 at 16:15:03:

My wife and I had our home on the market with an agent for 3 months without any luck. When we took it off the market with the agent, we decided to try to sell it ourselves. We put an ad in the paper saying that we were willing to do a L/O. We got tons of calls.

We told everyone that called that we were trying to sell the house but would L/O if we had to. Some said they only wanted to L/O, but others said they would love to buy but didn’t think they had the credit to do so. Well, we got an application from our mortgage guy and had everyone who was interested fill it out. The second person we sent him, qualified ! They never looked at buying a home because they thought they had to put down alot of money and their credit wasn’t that great. Well we applied some of the creative techniques that we had learned, and low and behold we closed !

We only had the ad in the paper for one weekend !! I’m not sure if it would work for you, but it never hurts to try !

Creative Selling - Posted by Java

Posted by Java on May 12, 1999 at 16:02:25:

I am selling my home. 1200sq ft a-frame chalet style home
2bd, 1 bath on 2 1/2 acres. Park like setting on property. Appraised at 212,000. Have not had much luck selling, been on market 7 weeks. Asking 250,000 but willing to go as low as 222,000. I have not told any interested parties that.

I am moving in two weeks to another state. So I am a motivated seller. Should I advertise a L/O. I am using a real estate agent now. Should I have her tell potenial buyers that will are willing to L/O. Also, how does it work if the seller carries a note?

Thanks for your responses.

Re: Creative Selling - Posted by Jessica

Posted by Jessica on May 12, 1999 at 22:02:48:

I just don’t understand why would you price your home so much above your appraisal value? If your house appraised at 212k, that will just be what the buyer are willing to buy, unless, you carry paper or have better terms with them.

Jessica